The bunting has started appearing

They say just under a third of the united kingdom equating to around 17 million citizens are either in favour of a republic out right or the monarchy to be abolished after Elizabeth has gone.

A minority, bit a sizable one tbf

"They say"?

I haven't been asked and I doubt a majority of people have. How many of those people asked are English? How many are British?

The devil is always in the detail.

They say just under a third of the united kingdom equating to around 17 million citizens are either in favour of a republic out right or the monarchy to be abolished after Elizabeth has gone.

Yep if the idiot minority doubles in size we will be fucked.

"They say"?

I haven't been asked and I doubt a majority of people have. How many of those people asked are English? How many are British?

The devil is always in the detail.
You can say that for any poll, peoples views on such are only if the poll in question supports their view.

Be a monarchist, be a republican that is the beauty of a democracy not a fuedal state.

But no opinion is greater than the other in this instance, those that wanted to celebrate and have enjoyed it all fair play, those that didn't and have avoided it equally so.

I watched the jubilee concert on TV tonight and thought it was brilliant. The mall and Buckingham Palace looked amazing. I wonder if Putin saw it the jealous ****?

Proud to be British.

I love sex pistols God Save the Queen too. Proud to be British.

That's what Putin **** will never understand or allow.

who are ‘they’ and are you basing that on a poll? Not sure I can believe a poll to that extent - based on previous polls throughout the years being wrong

never been asked that question myself nor has anyone I know. 17 million in favour of a republic seems like a ridiculous exaggeration. If that were the case we’d be having mass protests… mass outrage - we have that on a tiny / microscopic scale

who are ‘they’ and are you basing that on a poll? Not sure I can believe a poll to that extent - based on previous polls throughout the years being wrong

never been asked that question myself nor has anyone I know. 17 million in favour of a republic seems like a ridiculous exaggeration. If that were the case we’d be having mass protests… mass outrage - we have that on a tiny / microscopic scale
Latest YouGov poll has 62% in favour of the monarchy, with 22% opposed (presumably the remaining 16% are undecided). Fairly strong majority, but could be a shift when Charles takes the throne. Think it’s a bit disingenuous though to say that even if there were more support for a republic that we’d be having mass protests. Don’t think it’s that emotive a subject for most.

Great weekend celebrating someone who has done an amazing job throughout the years.

I think it’s pretty clear the royal family aren’t going anywhere. They are hugely popular with the uk population. Despite some of the shouting from the minority who will never like them.

Monarchy won't last another 100 years in GB, once the Queen goes the only way is down for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.