The bunting has started appearing

Cool.

Enjoy lauding your fake queen Nicola while we get on celebrating the real thing.
The SNP is a monachist party, even if they achieved indepenance at present they favour keeping the monarch as head of state.

Sturgeon has waxed lyrical abput the queen many a time and has no desire to see an independent Scotland as a republic.

Last edited:
who are ‘they’ and are you basing that on a poll? Not sure I can believe a poll to that extent - based on previous polls throughout the years being wrong

never been asked that question myself nor has anyone I know. 17 million in favour of a republic seems like a ridiculous exaggeration. If that were the case we’d be having mass protests… mass outrage - we have that on a tiny / microscopic scale
The estimate of one third of Brits being republican has never wavered much for a generation.
Up the revolution, brothers.
When queen Victoria went into permanent mourning, republicanism grew strongly so the gov invented a whole raft of “traditions” to bolster monarchy’s popularity.
For example, the trooping of the colour is no ancient ceremony but a piece of Victorian P.R.
Victoria, who had a rep for being randy, eventually relented, came out of mourning and fucked the gardener (allegedly).
God and P.R. Save the Queen.

I have missed all the celebrations, by not watching TV, not reading newspapers, and being careful about my clicks.
Thank God it will all be over soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.