The Carlos Tevez Thread (Merged)

Marvin said:
Haven't read back through the thread, but the Tevez post-match interview at Carrow Rd is worth watching. It might just be the words of a media-savvy player, but it does sound like Tevez is happy and reconciled with player, fans, staff and manager at City. Very good news.

Live in the present blues.

Very happy that match-going fans have supported Carlos, or his shirt. Whatever the reason they have been rewarded.

The prospect of a settled City midfield of Toure, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Tevez, AJ is an exciting one. Players like Carlos are so important because they can play a full season, and can play in two positions.

well.... this is what Carlos said...

When asked by City TV about the 'nice' celebration, he said "Obviously it's an important goal, not just because of the goal that I scored but for the people, for the club, for the fans, for my colleagues, for Roberto, for me - we all went through some difficult times and is very very important and that's why I celebrated the way I did because I have my feet on the floor and I'm happy for everybody."

He seems to be dedicating his celebration to everybody and is clearly happy to be back playing and helping the team. Tevez went on to say that he doesn't think the title race is over and that he and City will keep fighting because it's not mathematically impossible.

It's got to be seen as a positive that he's back and in form...

Last week he was being blamed, by many, that it was his return that had caused our slump. But now that argument fails really because he's scored 4 in 2 starts and looks fantastic along with Aguero. It was always too simplistic to blame one person/player, whether that's Tevez, Balotelli or even Mancini.

The situation came to a head in Munich but it had been simmering a long time before that and blame can be divided between all parties involved. But I was less bothered by it when I found out that he'd lost a reported £9M for indiscipline and going AWOL. Add that to the apology (we can argue for ever about it's sincerity) and his apparent work-ethic and acceptance back in the squad and we're at the point where continuing to hate him for what he did just smacks of, dare I say it, bitterness.

Whether he stays or not, and like I've said earlier, I don't really care, I lost a lot of respect and trust for him, but I also can understand why he wanted away and why he made the stand he did (That's not defending it, just understanding it)... The fact that he's fit and in form means that if he stays then great but on OUR terms. But if he leaves then his value's gone right back up. Again great. It's certainly better for EVERYONE that he's back playing and scoring goals rather than playing golf in Argentina. Mind you his swing and grip needs some work!

It's not about Carlos Tevez, it's about US and winning football matches.

Not that we're going to win the league this year anyway. That's finished.

Its taken a while for the penny to drop with me but when Aguero was signed I assumed he had been to replace Tevez, I have therefore always assumed that the pairing of strikers up front would have been Aguero/Dzeko/Balotelli and Tevez/Dzeko and Balotelli what is good to see is what a fantastic combination they are together and what problems they could cause defences if only Tevez stayed. I agree with TH above let him see out his contract and then go on a free unfortunately IMO I think he will go this summer subject to the right bid being made.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's certainly feasible. His family are back in Manchester and he certainly won't earn any better elsewhere.

However, quite rightly, it should be linked into the managerial situation, and if Mancini stays, I just don't see Carlos doing so.

Too much water under the bridge.

Never say never in this game, though.

and if Mancini stays,
=======
Yes I agree, this is the deal breaker. Glad you put it like that rather than 'if mancini is sacked'... I honestly believe if Bob isn't here next season it will because he wants to be released and he will go with our best wishes.

You are right to think as you do at this present time.

Lol. Reminds me of the delphi oracle.

Carlos Tevez thanks Man City for support after return

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has paid tribute to the club's players, officials and supporters for welcoming him back after his extended absence.

The 28-year-old fell out with manager Roberto Mancini after refusing to warm-up as a substitute in September, and it was five months before he returned.

"It wasn't easy coming back to training," Tevez admitted.

"I want to say thank you to my colleagues for all the support they have given me since I arrived."

Tevez struck a hat-trick against Norwich on Saturday as City maintained their challenge to Manchester United for the Premier League title.

City's emphatic victory at Carrow Road saw them narrow the gap at the top to two points, although United restored a five-point advantage by winning their game in hand against Aston Villa at Old Trafford on Sunday.

"We did well this season without Carlos for four or five months," said City boss Mancini. "But I'm sure if we had Carlos with Sergio Aguero, Mario Balotelli and Edin Dzeko probably we would have scored more goals."

After completing his hat-trick at Carrow Road Tevez celebrated in front of the City fans by mimicking a golf swing, a reference to his period away from the club, when he was pictured playing golf in his native Argentina.

"It was an important goal, not just for me but it was important for the people, for the club and for the fans, for my colleagues, for Roberto," he added.

"We all went through some difficult times. That's why I celebrated the way I did because I have my feet on the floor and I am happy for everyone."

The former Manchester United forward also added that City could still overtake his old club and win the title for the first time since 1968.

"Of course we can still win the title," Tevez told City TV. "Obviously we have to put pressure on United. We just need to continue to play the way we are and we will arrive at the top. Mathematically it's not impossible."

Mancini insisted after the game that the title race was still "finished", as he has done all week, although in another interview he said he hoped his stance would inspire his players to prove him wrong.

And Mancini said he was surprised that Tevez made such an impact against Norwich, having also scored in the 4-0 win against West Bromwich Albion on Wednesday.

"He's improved a lot in the last two weeks," the Italian manager told BBC Sport.

"Today I was so worried after 48 hours [between games]. Instead, it's strange, he can play two games in two days like this and today he was fantastic. All the team was - if not, it's not possible to win 6-1."

But Mancini insisted he did not regret the stance he had taken over Tevez earlier in the season.

"I always did my best," he said. "In the season you can do some mistakes but for normal men that can happen.

"I'm happy for the fans because we are here for them, for the club, for the owner. We are here for those people."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17714492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17714492</a>

Watching United tells me there is no place for gentlemanly and moral behaviour in football anymore if you're going to beat them. They are the most despicable set of cheats ever seen in English football and to beat them I can't help but think you have to play them at their own game - that includes having twats at the club if the twats bring it on the pitch. If we sell Tevez we will not be able to buy another player who offers the same as he does, we'll probably end up with a top player but not one who frightens the life out of teams like he does and creates so much space with his running. There are loads of great forwards out there but Tevez is very unique with his determination and drive, I think only Messi outdoes him in that department.

bondsman said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
levets said:
and if Mancini stays,
=======
Yes I agree, this is the deal breaker. Glad you put it like that rather than 'if mancini is sacked'... I honestly believe if Bob isn't here next season it will because he wants to be released and he will go with our best wishes.

Lol. Reminds me of the delphi oracle.

The oracle is vague and 'in the know' without saying anything directly. That's how mystics take people in.

Martin Keown gets it spot on.

-

Martin Keown's Monday verdict: City's genuises are always ahead of the game
By Martin Keown
PUBLISHED: 22:24, 15 April 2012 | UPDATED: 22:24, 15 April 2012

Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero do not look like a stereotypical striker partnership - it’s not a case of big man and little man - but that does not matter.

They are both from the academy of geniuses, with brilliant football brains.

They have perfect technique, hunger and intelligence all moulded together and played at breakneck speed.

And then, of course, there is the devastating finishing.

You could put either of them in the Barcelona team and you wouldn’t know they hadn’t played for them before.

Aguero looks so much happier with someone of Tevez’s class alongside him. They recognise where the space is going to be and move to create more space for each other. They are always a few moves ahead of their opponents.

Because of their technique, they can make most things happen - look at the lovely back heel from Tevez to set up Aguero’s first goal. But the key in some ways is their tremendous work rate.

They are both happy to drop deep and help the midfield - Tevez is usually the one who does this - and that allows them to work so well as a pair.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's certainly feasible. His family are back in Manchester and he certainly won't earn any better elsewhere.

However, quite rightly, it should be linked into the managerial situation, and if Mancini stays, I just don't see Carlos doing so.

Too much water under the bridge.

Never say never in this game, though.

and if Mancini stays,
=======

Shucks, I bet he's blushing now.

LoveCity said:
Aguero looks so much happier with someone of Tevez’s class alongside him. They recognise where the space is going to be and move to create more space for each other. They are always a few moves ahead of their opponents.

Because of their technique, they can make most things happen - look at the lovely back heel from Tevez to set up Aguero’s first goal. But the key in some ways is their tremendous work rate.

They are both happy to drop deep and help the midfield - Tevez is usually the one who does this - and that allows them to work so well as a pair.

Sums up exactly what we have been missing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.