The Carlos Tevez Thread (Merged)

SWP's back said:
Skashion said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Pretty sure he signed a five year contract when he signed in 2009.
I did a Google search on 'Tevez contract expires', and got January 2014 in several instances.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/people/argentina/9874/carlos-tevez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/people/argentina ... rlos-tevez</a>

Contract expires: Jan 7, 2014

If that's wrong, that changes things slightly in our favour but still if no-one was willing to stump up £25m-£30m last window, I cannot see a reason why it would happen this window given that all the factors which influence fees in our favour have deteriorated.
That's why we shouldn't sell but extend his contract.

He signed his contract, though, prior to FFPR calculations.

In theory he costs us absolutely nothing to keep for the next two years, wages aside.

For me, it's now no brainer, and should also be for Carlos.

Tell him to do the business for the next two years, let him go bask to Argentina on a free.

What a motivation that would be for him.

We would still have to spend any fee we recouped on a replacement, with wages to match, all calculated for FFPR.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:
Skashion said:
I did a Google search on 'Tevez contract expires', and got January 2014 in several instances.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/people/argentina/9874/carlos-tevez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/people/argentina ... rlos-tevez</a>

If that's wrong, that changes things slightly in our favour but still if no-one was willing to stump up £25m-£30m last window, I cannot see a reason why it would happen this window given that all the factors which influence fees in our favour have deteriorated.

In theory he costs us absolutely nothing to keep for the next two years, wages aside.

Tell him to do the business for the next two years, let him go bask to Argentina on a free.

We would still have to spend any fee we recouped on a replacement, with wages to match, all calculated for FFPR.

I really hope they can repair the relationship and that he see's his contract out and then as part of the deal, we let him return for a nominal/free.

His family is back here now aren't they? Hopefully this is the plan?

what's your take on it Tolmie, is this feasible?

levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:

I really hope they can repair the relationship and that he see's his contract out and then as part of the deal, we let him return for a nominal/free.

It's certainly feasible. His family are back in Manchester and he certainly won't earn any better elsewhere.

However, quite rightly, it should be linked into the managerial situation, and if Mancini stays, I just don't see Carlos doing so.

Too much water under the bridge.

Never say never in this game, though.

jellert said:
Why can Tevez not give an interview in English? How long is he here?

He is not an intelligent man. English is as comparable to learn as it would be for us to learn Chinese.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It's certainly feasible. His family are back in Manchester and he certainly won't earn any better elsewhere.

However, quite rightly, it should be linked into the managerial situation, and if Mancini stays, I just don't see Carlos doing so.

and if Mancini stays,
=======
Yes I agree, this is the deal breaker. Glad you put it like that rather than 'if mancini is sacked'... I honestly believe if Bob isn't here next season it will because he wants to be released and he will go with our best wishes.

levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
levets said:

and if Mancini stays,
=======
Yes I agree, this is the deal breaker. Glad you put it like that rather than 'if mancini is sacked'... I honestly believe if Bob isn't here next season it will because he wants to be released and he will go with our best wishes.

You are right to think as you do at this present time.

Mancini and Tevez have spent the last two years figuring out which one is more crucial to the club. Mancini won. Tevez is now apart of a team for which he is largely another piece of the puzzle. It wasn't always like that and Bob had to deal with it.

I hope Carlos stays, as I don't think there will be much trouble left to sort out if he leaves we will survive. If he stays we will survive. It's all about what Carlos wants to do as a footballer and where his ambitions lie. If he wants to play in the 2014 World Cup, playing in Europe and with City is his best option.

Argentina have a strong growing fanbase of City supporters. I wouldn't mind us getting more Argies in the mould of Zab and Aguero. Many clubs carry players of like foreign nationalities.

Haven't read back through the thread, but the Tevez post-match interview at Carrow Rd is worth watching. It might just be the words of a media-savvy player, but it does sound like Tevez is happy and reconciled with player, fans, staff and manager at City. Very good news.

Live in the present blues.

Very happy that match-going fans have supported Carlos, or his shirt. Whatever the reason they have been rewarded.

The prospect of a settled City midfield of Toure, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Tevez, AJ is an exciting one. Players like Carlos are so important because they can play a full season, and can play in two positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.