The Celtic Thread (Merged)

Re: Where would Celtic with current team finish in other lea

Matty said:
aguero93:20 said:
jimharri said:
Amazingly, they might still progress in the CL. Legia Warsaw being investigated over claims they fielded an ineligible player against Celtic.
Deja Vu. The case against Sion was thrown out after Celtic started the group stage as well, wasn't it?

Given the guy only played for 3 minutes, at the end of leg 2, with Warsaw already 6-1 up on aggregate, I think the FC Sion ruling isn't really relevant. It's more likely to be the 2010 Debrecen ruling they use as guidance (according to the BBC they were fined £15,000 for fielding an ineligible player whilst already 4-1 up on aggregate. UEFA ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the last three minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".
Come again Matty? :)
UEFA eh? I really hope Dupont's case is the beginning of the end for these corrupt cunts.

Re: Celtic reinstated in the Champions League + Weiss' Opini

Everyone should remember this is the second time that Celtic have benefited from this recently (FC Sion) and CAS called the last one ridiculous and threw it out, but UEFA refused to reinstate Sion as the group stages had begun. I call corrupt bullshit.
Don't think it's corrupt, but it's plainly wrong

Marvin said:
Everyone should remember this is the second time that Celtic have benefited from this recently (FC Sion) and CAS called the last one ridiculous and threw it out, but UEFA refused to reinstate Sion as the group stages had begun. I call corrupt bullshit.
So making a plainly wrong decision while in a position of responsibility, while in possession of all the facts, in favour of the more financially attractive option, isn't corrupt?
What is it then?

Marvin said:
So making a plainly wrong decision while in a position of responsibility, while in possession of all the facts, in favour of the more financially attractive option, isn't corrupt?
What is it then?
I agree it is corrupt but not for the reasons you have given in your second post.

As you said, a precedent was set three years ago when the CAS through out the last case

Yet UEFA have done the same thing again, ignoring the previous judgement, now that is what is corrupt

Massively disproportionate punishment for 3 mins of action for the lad; though they broke a technicality (in an understandable manner, why bother registering a suspended player for the St Pats matches?), it seems harsh. And rather quick acting for UEFA.

Also, handy that the void match result is 3-0, sneaking them through on away goals!!

should void matches be 1-0? 2-0?

Oh well, hopefully we end up with the cunts in our group as I would LOVE to see us stick around 6 past this insufferable bunch of pseudo-Irish fuckwits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.