The Celtic Thread (Merged)

Re: Where would Celtic with current team finish in other lea

BlueTG said:
Is it just me who thinks this is suspicious and has a whiff of fixing around it? Warsaw smashed them both legs then for 3 minutes sent on a player who was ineligible to play. Then UEFA actually act in just over 24 hours!! Something's not quite right here.
agree completely. Fucking bent.

Your missing the point objecting to this, the rules are quite clear and they cannot be interpreted to suit regardless of the result, the player could well have come on and scored the winner, he didn't but the rules remain the same.
All clubs know the rules and its their own fault that Celtic are staying in the competition, simple as that...!

Blue Til Death said:
Your missing the point objecting to this, the rules are quite clear and they cannot be interpreted to suit regardless of the result, the player could well have come on and scored the winner, he didn't but the rules remain the same.
All clubs know the rules and its their own fault that Celtic are staying in the competition, simple as that...!

Apart from the fact that UEFA have made very different decisions to this in the past. See my earlier post regarding Debrecen, fielded a player for a handful of minutes who was ineligible whilst miles clear on aggregate. They were fined £15,000 as the player involved had no material impact on the result. Of course, as far as UEFA are concerned, Celtic are a far bigger financial pull for the Champion's League than Legia Warsaw, so this decision suits them perfectly. If I were Warsaw I'd be going to CAS instantly, citing the Debrecen ruling. Got to get it done before UEFA allow Celtic to play in the next round.

Celtic fans, the club, and the players, should be thoroughly embarrassed by this whole scenario, it's the 2nd time they've been beaten, this time humiliated, and scrapped through on a technicality.

Matty said:
Blue Til Death said:

Apart from the fact that UEFA have made very different decisions to this in the past. See my earlier post regarding Debrecen, fielded a player for a handful of minutes who was ineligible whilst miles clear on aggregate. They were fined £15,000 as the player involved had no material impact on the result. Of course, as far as UEFA are concerned, Celtic are a far bigger financial pull for the Champion's League than Legia Warsaw, so this decision suits them perfectly. If I were Warsaw I'd be going to CAS instantly, citing the Debrecen ruling. Got to get it done before UEFA allow Celtic to play in the next round.

Celtic fans, the club, and the players, should be thoroughly embarrassed by this whole scenario, it's the 2nd time they've been beaten, this time humiliated, and scrapped through on a technicality.

I take your point mate and its a fair one, however I would still say that citing a previous clubs fine for the same offence and trying to get reinstated is far harder than ensuring you do not field an ineligible player, especially in a match of this magnitude and the financial implications it may have.

So if you make a small administrative error, inadvertantly, with no benefit to your team, you deserve to be kicked out of the competition? All I can say is, I'm glad you aren't on the FFP panel!

Blue Til Death said:
Matty said:
Blue Til Death said:

I take your point mate and its a fair one, however I would still say that citing a previous clubs fine for the same offence and trying to get reinstated is far harder than ensuring you do not field an ineligible player, especially in a match of this magnitude and the financial implications it may have.

If you look at how this happened it's a minor admin error!

The guy was sent off in their last european match last season, and got a 3 match ban. The game he played in was Warsaw's 4th European game this year, so eligible you'd think. However, as he couldn't play in either game against ST Patricks in the previous round Warsaw didn't register him for the tie, which means he "officially" didn't serve a 2 game ban. It's a minor technicality and the punishment, especially given the size of Warsaw's win, and the very minor involvement he had in that game anyway, is completely disproportionate.

BigOscar said:
So if you make a small administrative error, inadvertantly, with no benefit to your team, you deserve to be kicked out of the competition? All I can say is, I'm glad you aren't on the FFP panel!

If I was on the FFP panel, City would be allowed to spend 1 Billion a season without penalty.

All I am saying is, although it is unreasonable and unfair, they do not have a leg to stand on if UEFA decide that's how its going to be. Minor admin error or not, if say the rags were as hard done to as Legia, would you be moaning on their behalf or laughing your head off..?

Blue Til Death said:
BigOscar said:

If I was on the FFP panel, City would be allowed to spend 1 Billion a season without penalty.

All I am saying is, although it is unreasonable and unfair, they do not have a leg to stand on if UEFA decide that's how its going to be. Minor admin error or not, if say the rags were as hard done to as Legia, would you be moaning on their behalf or laughing your head off..?

The reason they've been treated so harshly is because they aren't a Manchester United, it's easy to be harsh against relative minnows. If this had been United, or Barca, or Real, does anyone think they'd have been thrown out of Europe?! Seriously?

Celtic have been handed the relatively easy draw of NK Maribor, the Slovenian champions, in the playoff round. It will be an absolute farce if Celtic undeservedly reach the group stage of the Champion's League.

Celtic reinstated in the Champions League + Weiss' Opinion

Absolute farce.

Go on Weiss, brought up well... ha.

53e4a45e829ed.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.