The Checkatrade Trophy

Like I said above, there's 11 days between the checkatrade fixture and Sunderland's next game, it's bizarre.
Ahh, I missed the bit about Sunderland's previous game, perhaps it's the delicate touch of the steel tipped boot of the TV companies (presuming this is broadcast).

Sunderland have no game on the Saturday with it being fa cup. Sure if they played it then the crowd would be higher as well.

Must be a reason the obvious is not an option ?
The EFL chucked it onto that date without thinking about other City and Sunderland fixtures and are too pigheaded to move it now.

Surely the whole point of this competition having rules re U21s, is to help the development of U21s, so wny not arrange it so City can use more of them in both competitions ?
You're looking at things from a logical and rational point of view again, we're talking about footballing authorities here.

Could always call players up from the next age group down for Burton.

You're looking at things from a logical and rational point of view again, we're talking about footballing authorities here.

Could always call players up from the next age group down for Burton.
Harwood-Bellis from the U18s might not be a bad shout, if Garcia and Sandler starts against Sunderland. Don`t think there are many U18s ready for first-team action

Scheduling just one of those things I guess although no doubt we will be given lots of crap in the media about it.

Would it make sense for Foden to play against Sunderland or Burton? - I think he would learn more from the Sunderland game (and increase our chances of winning it) than the dead rubber Carabao game but maybe it would be portrayed negatively as he is a first teamer.
Reminds me of Micah in the first team squad can't remember who against when he would have been better employed at Anfield in the youth cup final first leg.

Let's talk about moving the date. This date was probably chosen because this week is blocked because clubs could have been involved in an FA Cup replay?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.