The Checkatrade Trophy

Would have liked to have drawn Bury - would have been fun to go there and a better crowd for them than Oxford will bring (probably).

Any opinions on our lads chances against the Mackems? - I think it will be very tough for them.

First half against Dale was an eye opener for them. They could win it if they see off Sunderland. I see the microwave has been fixed!

Anyone know the date of the Sunderland game? It says it's the week of 21st Jan but can't see tickets up for sale yet. Might try to get to this as a NE blue (and having just got my ticket for Newcastle away, that'd be two games in 2 weeks).

Anyone know the date of the Sunderland game? It says it's the week of 21st Jan but can't see tickets up for sale yet. Might try to get to this as a NE blue (and having just got my ticket for Newcastle away, that'd be two games in 2 weeks).
22nd I think, not confirmed tho

It should be a good game but I think it will still be men against boys especially at the SOL. I suppose it boils down to whether Ross etc feels it might by a distraction from the real target. I personally feel it will be a great buzz for everybody at Sunderland to go on and win it, it’s over and done with early leaving plenty of time to concentrate on promotion. The League cup seems to work for us it that respect.

The league table says you are doing ok. Beat Luton on Saturday and you will be into second with a game in hand over them.

Would be great for Sunderland and Portsmouth to be promoted - both clubs have great fans.

Cheers fellas.....
We are struggling of late...scraping d aww, and occasional wins....if we can pull off a win tomorrow, on paper, it gets us out of a tough run of games.

Totally agree that an early season trophy like this isn't too much of a distraction, given the time still left post Feb

The winners of this tie will go on to win this trophy. Sunderland are a strong team. To beat them will take some doing. Also surprising that Chelsea went out last night.

Scheduling just one of those things I guess although no doubt we will be given lots of crap in the media about it.

Would it make sense for Foden to play against Sunderland or Burton? - I think he would learn more from the Sunderland game (and increase our chances of winning it) than the dead rubber Carabao game but maybe it would be portrayed negatively as he is a first teamer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.