The club only cares about the 'new fans'

i think so far the club has been fair to all fans. the north stand turning into a family stand would of been a better idea if the away fans were anywhere but behind the goal. unfortunately the layout of the stadium makes it harder to change this to keep them fairly safely locked away. ive been season ticket holder since 74 nothings bothered me so far but next season might be different with the rumours about the level two stands on either side being made corporate ! i go to watch football not sit in comfy chairs and eat prawns ! i have a nasty feeling many blues will be forced out of their regular seats because its too expensive

squirtyflower said:
jrb said:
Tipping point. (foam hands)

screen20110325213010.jpg

They don't give a s***!
didsbury will have apoplexy when he sees this

the cheese is well matured

tr-cheese-cave-608.jpg

Freestyler said:
I appreciate everything the Sheikh has done for city, but what i'm posting next has no relevance to the Sheikh, and he in my opinion he doesn't get involved in anything how the fans are being treated, that's down the staff at city but i've just wanted to say this for a while and now i'll come out with it...

You can build this and that, inside/outside the ground. Put on open days, but the fact of the matter is and it saddens me to say this, the club only care about the new generation of fans, it seems anyone who jumped on the bandwagon since the takeover, is more important than the older generation and the fans who've been there since Maine Road.

Cook constantly uses the words 'loyalty' and 'old fan base', i see absolutely nothing being done that supports or benefits our older fan base, from the final days of Maine road all the way back to 1970's. it's now all about the new fans that have showed up.

the club have shit on the fans who've been their long before money was an object, back when players played for the badge.

everything is nice and cosy at city at the moment, but it's all about the new breed. that i can understand. the club are building for the future and want to get the next generation of people in.

but the bottom line and the fact of the matter is, the club is shutting out the people who've been there along time and are the backbone of the long time fans that still go, and i don't even think they realise it. it's all about making money now whilst trying to throw in the odd 'fan experience' bollocks, to cover everything up.

I totally disagree.

But then again most City fans will, so that's not controversial, so it won't get as much attention as your post...

I hope by the end of the thread you've retracted this because it's pathetic in the extreme.

The fact is, the future has NEVER looked brighter for MCFC.

Fact.

The reason we used to be admired for our stoicism (if that's the right word?) is not because we revelled in failure or wanted it to perpetuate, it's because we KNEW that one day, one glorious fucking day, we would be back at the top table. And we KNEW that because underneath we KNEW we were as good a club as any other fucker out there. All it needed was an owner who had the power to do it. And that's why, even if we do lose to them cunts on April the 16th, it's not over... Far from it.

It's only just beginning!

1.618034 said:
Freestyler said:
I appreciate everything the Sheikh has done for city, but what i'm posting next has no relevance to the Sheikh, and he in my opinion he doesn't get involved in anything how the fans are being treated, that's down the staff at city but i've just wanted to say this for a while and now i'll come out with it...

You can build this and that, inside/outside the ground. Put on open days, but the fact of the matter is and it saddens me to say this, the club only care about the new generation of fans, it seems anyone who jumped on the bandwagon since the takeover, is more important than the older generation and the fans who've been there since Maine Road.

Cook constantly uses the words 'loyalty' and 'old fan base', i see absolutely nothing being done that supports or benefits our older fan base, from the final days of Maine road all the way back to 1970's. it's now all about the new fans that have showed up.

the club have shit on the fans who've been their long before money was an object, back when players played for the badge.

everything is nice and cosy at city at the moment, but it's all about the new breed. that i can understand. the club are building for the future and want to get the next generation of people in.

but the bottom line and the fact of the matter is, the club is shutting out the people who've been there along time and are the backbone of the long time fans that still go, and i don't even think they realise it. it's all about making money now whilst trying to throw in the odd 'fan experience' bollocks, to cover everything up.

I totally disagree.

But then again most City fans will, so that's not controversial, so it won't get as much attention as your post...

I hope by the end of the thread you've retracted this because it's pathetic in the extreme.

Fact.

The reason we used to be admired for our stoicism (if that's the right word?) is not because we revelled in failure or wanted it to perpetuate, it's because we KNEW that one day, one glorious fucking day, we would be back at the top table. And we KNEW that because underneath we KNEW we were as good a club as any other fucker out there. All it needed was an owner who had the power to do it. And that's why, even if we do lose to them cunts on April the 16th, it's not over... Far from it.

^ This is so fucking spot on. I've had enough of being the butt of everyone's jokes. Our time is coming.

I remember at the Stoke away game this season talking to some blues and we all agreed how unbearable we are going to be when we do win something. We are, and for one I can't fucking wait to piss all those pisstaking cunts off with our arrogance and obnoxiousness.

Anyone who enjoys being a national joke needs to fucking man up.

I also completely disagree with the OP. Been a blue since early 70's and never felt as valued as a supporter as I do now. I'm not a 'happy clapper', lost count of the number of Maine Road demos attended, but we were hardly cared for in the dark days when they really needed us (Gillingham ticket queues will stay long in the memory). I was an evictee from the North Stand, wasn't happy at the time - but tried to see the bigger picture.

Got my credit card statement today and I've been charged twice for the Kiev game (I'm in the cup scheme) I've phoned City and they've said they have credited my account but my statement says they haven't. I phoned my CC company and they have confirmed they haven't credited my account so I phoned City back and told them, I've now got to go to City with my statement and PROVE that I haven't had my money, they've fucked up and I've got to prove that they have!!! I work full time, can't afford to take time off to get my £22.50 back and apart from that I've heard the queues for Citys ticket office are rather large ATM. Piss-poor service if you ask me

they dont give a toss about older fans who have ploughed money into club over years.

My mate has 7000+ and I have 5640.....we go to games together we sit together...we drink beer together....we have over 12,000 pts between us.....spent alot of money on CITY as many fans on here have done.

Rang today to get two tickets....two hours on the phone....got through and told this was the old criteria- CITY had changed it FFS and therfore will have to wait as only two of us not four??? - we both need over 6000 - even though together we have over 12,000 - ferking disgraceful CITY!

We will still get tickets but not sure why we should bother with loyalty points really when a group of 4 with people on lower points not commulative get a ticket before you??

gordondaviesmoustache said:
1.618034 said:
I totally disagree.

Fact.

^ This is so fucking spot on. I've had enough of being the butt of everyone's jokes. Our time is coming.

I remember at the Stoke away game this season talking to some blues and we all agreed how unbearable we are going to be when we do win something. We are, and for one I can't fucking wait to piss all those pisstaking cunts off with our arrogance and obnoxiousness.

Anyone who enjoys being a national joke needs to fucking man up.
The thing i hated was the 'aww City', there shit yet the fans still turn up. The way we always seemed to be everyones second team.

How thats changed now

GStar said:
avoidconfusion said:
Come on Freestyler, let the cat out of the bag, why are you so pissed off, really?

I've not seen anything negative about the club frm him until the SF tickets were announced.

At that point rationale seemed to go out of the window?

Exactly

Freestyler said:

disagree 100 %

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.