The club only cares about the 'new fans'

Freestyler said:
I appreciate everything the Sheikh has done for city, but what i'm posting next has no relevance to the Sheikh, and he in my opinion he doesn't get involved in anything how the fans are being treated, that's down the staff at city but i've just wanted to say this for a while and now i'll come out with it...

You can build this and that, inside/outside the ground. Put on open days, but the fact of the matter is and it saddens me to say this, the club only care about the new generation of fans, it seems anyone who jumped on the bandwagon since the takeover, is more important than the older generation and the fans who've been there since Maine Road.

Cook constantly uses the words 'loyalty' and 'old fan base', i see absolutely nothing being done that supports or benefits our older fan base, from the final days of Maine road all the way back to 1970's. it's now all about the new fans that have showed up.

the club have shit on the fans who've been their long before money was an object, back when players played for the badge.

everything is nice and cosy at city at the moment, but it's all about the new breed. that i can understand. the club are building for the future and want to get the next generation of people in.

but the bottom line and the fact of the matter is, the club is shutting out the people who've been there along time and are the backbone of the long time fans that still go, and i don't even think they realise it. it's all about making money now whilst trying to throw in the odd 'fan experience' bollocks, to cover everything up.
On what basis are you judging the club on it seems to me they are trying hard on all fronts but they cant please everyone all of the time<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:30 pm --<br /><br />When ever people on here contact the club about charity events the clubs response always seems to be fantastic & that is my experience as well .Vicky from the PR dept & Danny Wison must work 80 hours a week in helping the fans .

Can i just say alot of people have turned this thread from the original point, being to helping fans and supporting charities/familys/ etc.. that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread at all.

the club are superb at doing that and never get any recognition for it, you won't find many better, infact you may not find any better anywhere.

were talking about the fan experience to do with the football.

i won't be making any further posts in this thread about the matter, but i have received a PM from a well respected and intelligent member of this board in agreeance with what i have said. do they suspect what i suspect i don't know? their name will remain anonymous.

p.s. this thread had nothing to do with relevance to the cup scheme, but while it's mentioned we could add that for the fuel to the fire.

start a thread, be ambiguous and then refuse to post any more??

Sounds really strange to me. Are you that upset with Hugh Ferris at half time?

lol

Freestyler said:
Can i just say alot of people have turned this thread from the original point, being to helping fans and supporting charities/familys/ etc.. that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread at all.

the club are superb at doing that and never get any recognition for it, you won't find many better, infact you may not find any better anywhere.

i won't be making any further posts in this thread about the matter, but i have received a PM from a well respected and intelligent member of this board in agreeance with what i have said. do they suspect what i suspect i don't know? their name will remain anonymous.

p.s. this thread had nothing to do with relevance to the cup scheme, but while it's mentioned we could add that for the fuel to the fire.

youre taking the piss

quiet_riot said:
To be fair, no one should take someone who uses the made-up word 'agreeance' anyway.

I think agreeance is a word actually .... shuffles off to google it!!

Are you the quiet riot who frequented AVForums?

Abbeygoo said:
quiet_riot said:
To be fair, no one should take someone who uses the made-up word 'agreeance' anyway.

I think agreeance is a word actually .... shuffles off to google it!!

Are you the quiet riot who frequented AVForums?

Well I will be god damned.

And no sir, I'm only on here and one other City forum.

I think the (people running the) club does (do) care about the fans.

However, it's being run within certain parameters. Going outside those parameters isn't allowed or possible, as they are set. Rocking the boat isn't possible either. Big blue brother is watching.

So after 8 pages the OP is still annoyed at something, what, he won't say, but someone else (won't say who either) agrees with him so his fears are now more valid.

?!?!?!

I have absolutely no idea.

I appreciate your right to air your views Styler (positive or not) but to criticise in such a way without telling us why is either wumming or just blatant attention whoring. I don't agree with your fears but I may feel differently if you tell us what the hell you are so pissed off about.

Freestyler said:

I don't want to come across as some keyboard warrior but what your saying is utter shite. The club is moving forward and catering for the differing needs that 46,000 paying customers bring and you don't like it. In my opinion the best place for you now is FCSCUM cos that's how your coming across. Put your toys back in the pram and fook off to Bury for your "grassroots fix of football". Read too many crap threads on this forum about plastics, JCL, season ticket prices etc. Look around you when you go to the match and you'll see there are no JCL's or plastics and the prices haven't gone up (yet).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.