The club only cares about the 'new fans'

blumoonrises said:
mcfc1632 said:
you could not be more wrong - oops did I use the word massive - was that it

sometimes it is a good word to use and as a SC holder that fills in all the questionaires I receive and now habitually get to the ground earlier and stay in the CITY square bar after the game watching the highlights - yes I think what they are doing is outstanding (there is that better)

Why..? i think City sq is pointless... why would anyone bother pre match when beer is cheaper at local pubs?
Post match I can understand... if we've won then some folk might wanna stay and watch the highlights... but I'd have thought most.. like myself, just wanna get home.

I think its great myself. You can whine about the price of beer but its only about 40p a pint dearer than Mary ds, not an extortionate increase. Unlike Mary ds you get served instantly, it doesn't smell, you get plenty of space and aren't crammed in like the townley and you get all the city team news first and previous highlights on possibly the biggest and best screen in Manchester. Personally I think city square is a great idea and am very grateful to the club for it.

I don't think the club is conscious of it, but the club lost a part of it's soul and a part of it's match going fanbase when we moved to coms. These were working class blues who enjoyed the whole experience, the pubs, the surroundings, the 'down and dirtiness' of it. I know gates went up but they plummeted soon after and I think it's partly because people disliked the sterility of coming to coms. The club are now ramping up the 'cheesiness' of the 'match day experience' and that further alienates fans like these.

To be honest I don't know if there's much the club can do about this though. Recognise that the atmosphere problem is due to the split singing sections would be a start. And the best way of all, if this was done, would be to offer very cheap season tickets to all the newly created kippax

mcfc1632 said:
Have to say that as a fan of over 40 years my experience / view of CITY since the takeover is the exact opposite - they do more than any other club (IMO) to look after their fans

and what do they get in return - loyalty? - the CITY management have good reason to look at all those empty seats for cup games and wonder what all those comments about CITY have great support was all about

Which just goes to prove that the prices are already crippling the loyal fan, and the new breed is still in a minority. With season ticket prices set to go up by 10% at the end of the season, me and many others will feel it and its going to be a struggle, and attendances will get worse before they get better.

charliebigspuds said:
I'm also a season ticket holder of more years than I care to remember and I have heard a few blues say that they feel they have been treated poorly. Obviously its all based on an individual basis but to compare us with what has gone on at the swamp is not too far from the truth TBH.v It is mainly people complaining about being forced to move and getting very little help when doing so.

I agree it's all about opinion but that's about all I agree with.

Saying there is little difference between the treatment of us and the rags is very odd to me but, as you say it's all about opinion.

About having to move seat... I've had to move from the heavens during cup games but that's our (the supporters) fault not the owners. If it is about the singing section being moved then I agree that is poor but what else can be realistically done? If it's something else then I can't comment.

The bottom line is at this point the owners have treated us with the highest regard in my opinion. I just hope that this doesn't chNge if we get success.

So basically, what you are asking for is preferential treatment for us pre-takeover fans? Should everyone be vetted on the way in on matchday? IF you are pre takeover get ushered to the posh seats? Post get sent to watch the game from the bogs?

It is fucking football, it is a business, every fan should be treated the same and in this day and age all I expect is to go, enjoy the game, get a bit pissed and watch City.

Have a wobble of your head for yourself

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think the club is conscious of it, but the club lost a part of it's soul and a part of it's match going fanbase when we moved to coms. These were working class blues who enjoyed the whole experience, the pubs, the surroundings, the 'down and dirtiness' of it. I know gates went up but they plummeted soon after and I think it's partly because people disliked the sterility of coming to coms. The club are now ramping up the 'cheesiness' of the 'match day experience' and that further alienates fans like these.

To be honest I don't know if there's much the club can do about this though. Recognise that the atmosphere problem is due to the split singing sections would be a start. And the best way of all, if this was done, would be to offer very cheap season tickets to all the newly created kippax

I think the club are just making sure they cater for everybody's different approach to going to the match. If you want to drink in the Townley till 10 minutes before kick off you do, if you want to go to City Sq and watch the build up on the screens, you can. There's a family stand for parents who want to take there kids. There's a singing section where the stewards don't enforce seating, there's the wining and dining boxes which are essential for revenue. The idea that anyone is being frozen out is rubbish, if anything the club is being more inclusive. This is probably leading to the feeling of alienation of certain fans.

The fact that the atmosphere is shit is entirely down to the fans. As proved on some occasions at this ground the atmosphere can be electric. City fans need the away fans or they won't make an atmosphere on their own. This is proved in that the away fans were in the North stand at Maine Road and that's where most of the singing was. The away fans at CoMs are in the South Stand and the singing has moved there.

what a ridiculous thread. The club wants new fans, get over it. They still care about the old fans.
Seriously, the moaning on here is unbelievable.

mcfc1632 said:
Have to say that as a fan of over 40 years my experience / view of CITY since the takeover is the exact opposite - they do more than any other club (IMO) to look after their fans

and what do they get in return - loyalty? - the CITY management have good reason to look at all those empty seats for cup games and wonder what all those comments about CITY have great support was all about

Saved me a job of replying, thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.