The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

Went on Thursday night.
Very underwhelmed.
First of all huge queues to get in snaking round the arena from different entrances open to the elements it was pissing down.
As I was queuing I noticed the metal cladding already bent and buckled in various places? Some lighting was already out.
Once in L1 concourse was small with with a couple of mobile trolleys selling £9 pies and £9 cans.
Thought I was in luck as seen a craft beer bar, went to order 2 pints only to be told no draught on just cans of peroni.
Went to take my seat I thought the seats were uncomfortable and cramped less room the MEN arena and when someone sat down on the row noticed the whole row rocked back and forth. Don’t know wether it was cheap seating or it hadn’t been installed properly. I couldn’t wait for it to finish so I could stand up and stretch my legs.

Someone from Bury got stuck in town after the Elbow gig as trams to Bury had stopped by the time he'd got a tram into town.
This will be a regular problem unless the dickheads on the council allow parking on non-residential streets.

I don’t think the arena will ever please anyone. Very mixed reviews so far. I’m going to give it a good few months, maybe a year, before I go to a concert, just to let everything settle down and to bed in.

Went on Thursday night.
Very underwhelmed.
First of all huge queues to get in snaking round the arena from different entrances open to the elements it was pissing down.
As I was queuing I noticed the metal cladding already bent and buckled in various places? Some lighting was already out.
Once in L1 concourse was small with with a couple of mobile trolleys selling £9 pies and £9 cans.
Thought I was in luck as seen a craft beer bar, went to order 2 pints only to be told no draught on just cans of peroni.
Went to take my seat I thought the seats were uncomfortable and cramped less room the MEN arena and when someone sat down on the row noticed the whole row rocked back and forth. Don’t know wether it was cheap seating or it hadn’t been installed properly. I couldn’t wait for it to finish so I could stand up and stretch my legs.

I wondered what they'd done with the Gene Kelly stand from Maine Road.

Someone from Bury got stuck in town after the Elbow gig as trams to Bury had stopped by the time he'd got a tram into town.
This will be a regular problem unless the dickheads on the council allow parking on non-residential streets.
All that will happen is that the gigs will be sponsored by Uber.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.