The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

I think it’s a decent venue. My main issues with it were the prices - I think it was £9 for a can of peroni! London prices basically.

The other thing that became a problem at times was the lack of toilets. I was in the standing section and the queues for the toilet were ridiculous at times.

this has always been the case, but I’d also say if you’re trying to catch a train you’ll have to leave early. Some other venues in Manchester are a lot easier to get away from.

I think it’s a decent venue. My main issues with it were the prices - I think it was £9 for a can of peroni! London prices basically.

The other thing that became a problem at times was the lack of toilets. I was in the standing section and the queues for the toilet were ridiculous at times.

this has always been the case, but I’d also say if you’re trying to catch a train you’ll have to leave early. Some other venues in Manchester are a lot easier to get away from.
Manchester IS London prices

That’s pretty disappointing that a new venue has issues with toilets and queues. It’s not a one-hundred year old theatre!

The fact you can’t get a train after 11.30/12 in this country is a joke. To be honeat I think the bands should just come on slightly earlier. Say 8.45.

The fact you can’t get a train after 11.30/12 in this country is a joke. To be honeat I think the bands should just come on slightly earlier. Say 8.45.

100% this.

Big venues attract audiences from greater distances. Not everyone can afford to stay in a hotel on top of travel costs.

The days of walking home from town after a gig are long gone for most people.

I dislike music venues over 3K capacity. They invariably involve stupid travel etc, being designed to maximise profit rather than enhance the entertainment on offer.

I'd rather watch a tribute act in a pub than most 'big' acts nowadays.

I always take an interest in any conversations in here regarding transport in Manchester. Particularly getting to and from The Etihad.
People from Manchester don’t seem to rate your network.
I have to say, I’ve never had too much of what I would regard as a problem whenever myself and my son go over to games. Yes you may have to queue for a tram depending on the time of night the game finishes, but I’ve never really seen it as a problem.

At home here in Dublin we do have an all nighter bus that will get me home from the City centre, but if I go to a match in The Aviva stadium or even a concert at The Point Depot, I’m in the same situation as in Manchester, with one tramline or train depending on which venue. I usually opt to walk back into town and have a pint, then get the late bus which runs every half hour through the night.

Is transport in Manchester really as bad as people make out in here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.