The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

I saw an image from a friend on Facebook earlier of the queues outside to get in the arena for James tonight, looked horrific. Be interesting to hear the feedback.
I got there pretty early because I wanted to catch Razorlight too and didn't have to queue at all. The place probably filled up towards the end of the support, so all depends on when you get there I guess.

I saw an image from a friend on Facebook earlier of the queues outside to get in the arena for James tonight, looked horrific. Be interesting to hear the feedback.
It wasn’t too bad; queues moved fairly quickly and had a beer in hand prior to the first song. Great experience and as good as previous events at the MEN.

James were absolutely magnificent! What a gig that was!

Queues move quick. Very slick. The first bar was busy but you can bypass that and go up the escalators. That one was quick and toilets empty.

The arena is not perfect in its design but I really liked it. The standing area is very wide so plenty of room and the sound and visuals were cracking.

Last edited:
I agree. The last band ended at about 11. so by the time I could get to the train station there were pretty much no trains running. So I would have had to have left a lot earlier and missed a large part of the set.

Obviously you can’t help the location, but it’s a lot easier to get away from say the academy or AO arena in my opinion. If it’s past a certain time the Etihad is pretty rubbish to travel from.
Actually tonight we found it ok. Not like football at all. Tram queue wasn’t too bad but we walked out past the main entrance to walk back to Piccadilly as parked near there and there were loads of black cabs (unlike when football on!) and then traffic was great. James came off at 10.45pm and I was home in Warrington by 11.30. I think we would have been fine for the last train had we travelled that way but like you say, no guarantees of that and shouldnt have to worry about how to get home. James came on at 8.45 which helped.

The fact you can’t get a train after 11.30/12 in this country is a joke. To be honeat I think the bands should just come on slightly earlier. Say 8.45.
It’s a fuckin disgrace mate, watching Liam G sunday, will prob finish 11-30ish? coming from Burnley so going to have to be taxi home, be 12-30am before we’re home, can’t get Monday off work so I’m up at 04-15am, no fun :-/

Went last night and really enjoyed the experience and venue ,free metro with your ticket ,if £9 is too dear for a pint don't buy it .my mate bought some food and apparently he downloaded the coop app and said it was quite cheap ?
They have built a walking route back into town at the side of the arena that's all lit up with fancy art etc ,the only thing with it is it's the world's longest short cut .
Was expecting to come out in town came out a few hundred yards past the ground .

Went last night and really enjoyed the experience and venue ,free metro with your ticket ,if £9 is too dear for a pint don't buy it .my mate bought some food and apparently he downloaded the coop app and said it was quite cheap ?
They have built a walking route back into town at the side of the arena that's all lit up with fancy art etc ,the only thing with it is it's the world's longest short cut .
Was expecting to come out in town came out a few hundred yards past the ground .
I did the walking route after the Leeds youth cup final, it’s quite enjoyable for a short while, no traffic etc, but then it just runs out. Would be great if they could somehow make it finish nearer to Piccadilly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.