The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

I always take an interest in any conversations in here regarding transport in Manchester. Particularly getting to and from The Etihad.
People from Manchester don’t seem to rate your network.
I have to say, I’ve never had too much of what I would regard as a problem whenever myself and my son go over to games. Yes you may have to queue for a tram depending on the time of night the game finishes, but I’ve never really seen it as a problem.

At home here in Dublin we do have an all nighter bus that will get me home from the City centre, but if I go to a match in The Aviva stadium or even a concert at The Point Depot, I’m in the same situation as in Manchester, with one tramline or train depending on which venue. I usually opt to walk back into town and have a pint, then get the late bus which runs every half hour through the night.

Is transport in Manchester really as bad as people make out in here.
Went to the Foos last night at the real Old Trafford. Got the metro back to Piccadilly to get the last train to Glossop (only 15 miles away) to find out there hasn’t been a train there since 9.30 and not another until the morning. There was a bus replacement at 11.30 but that would have got me home for about 1 in the morning. Had to get an Uber home. So yeah, it’s pretty bad at the minute

It does seem a strange place to build a new venue. The Apollo isn’t in town but is well served by the 192 bus if you don’t want to walk it.

Having said that, if the new arena is selling out most shows then people are managing.

The fact you can’t get a train after 11.30/12 in this country is a joke. To be honeat I think the bands should just come on slightly earlier. Say 8.45.
I agree. The last band ended at about 11. so by the time I could get to the train station there were pretty much no trains running. So I would have had to have left a lot earlier and missed a large part of the set.

Obviously you can’t help the location, but it’s a lot easier to get away from say the academy or AO arena in my opinion. If it’s past a certain time the Etihad is pretty rubbish to travel from.

Went to the Foos last night at the real Old Trafford. Got the metro back to Piccadilly to get the last train to Glossop (only 15 miles away) to find out there hasn’t been a train there since 9.30 and not another until the morning. There was a bus replacement at 11.30 but that would have got me home for about 1 in the morning. Had to get an Uber home. So yeah, it’s pretty bad at the minute
Do you have any all nighter buses, from the city centre?

I saw an image from a friend on Facebook earlier of the queues outside to get in the arena for James tonight, looked horrific. Be interesting to hear the feedback.

I always take an interest in any conversations in here regarding transport in Manchester. Particularly getting to and from The Etihad.
People from Manchester don’t seem to rate your network.
I have to say, I’ve never had too much of what I would regard as a problem whenever myself and my son go over to games. Yes you may have to queue for a tram depending on the time of night the game finishes, but I’ve never really seen it as a problem.

At home here in Dublin we do have an all nighter bus that will get me home from the City centre, but if I go to a match in The Aviva stadium or even a concert at The Point Depot, I’m in the same situation as in Manchester, with one tramline or train depending on which venue. I usually opt to walk back into town and have a pint, then get the late bus which runs every half hour through the night.

Is transport in Manchester really as bad as people make out in here.

I think everybody likes a bit of a moan about their local infrastructure. I hear Londoners complaining about the Tube all the time. But I’ve been visiting there regularly for decades and I’m still amazed by it.

As for Manchester, your opinion is obviously going to be heavily influenced by your local service. But on the whole, I don’t think it’s too bad.

Of course it’s highly frustrating when things go wrong. And they’re the times that tend to stick in your mind and shape your opinion.

But I don’t drive and use buses, trains and trams all the time getting around Manchester and surrounding areas and on the whole I think they offer a pretty decent service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.