The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

Looking at the bookings for the Co Op Live they are well into mid 2025 for announcing artists. Compare and contrast to the AO arena, they only have Peter Kay doing a few dates a month up until December. The AO arena were pretty quick to announce some screening event of England v Switzerland on Saturday, is it starting to hit them that promoters, artists etc don’t want to go there anymore and want to be at the Co-op live instead?

Looking at the bookings for the Co Op Live they are well into mid 2025 for announcing artists. Compare and contrast to the AO arena, they only have Peter Kay doing a few dates a month up until December. The AO arena were pretty quick to announce some screening event of England v Switzerland on Saturday, is it starting to hit them that promoters, artists etc don’t want to go there anymore and want to be at the Co-op live instead?

One was built not having any acoustic thought whatsoever. Dated, scruffy, many utter shite views (where the sound is truly bad) and only redeeming factor is it's central location.
The other is state of the art acoustics, viewing, facilities and modern.

There will only be one long term winner as things stand.

Best venue I’ve been to by a country mile. Have sat and stood at a gig since it opened and the sound quality is someone else. The whole place is totally black, not even a light in the boxes as the windows get covered so it feels so much smaller.

The MEN Arena is done, will be apartments within 5 years.

I imagine we could end up 12:30 on Saturday which would be shite.

Round about 3/ 3.30 Sunday seems to be the new go to time for derbies.

I wouldn’t have thought that would cause much issue with a concert.

It’ll be first concert that clashes with a night game, where we’ll see if there’s going to be problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.