The Cockney Blues Are Coming

Any members of London branch in the mid-late 70s still around?

Train for £3-4, bite to eat at my mum's, few pints in the Osborne, sup a Bodcan on the train back and then a few beers near Euston was a great way to spend a Saturday (yes always a Saturday) for exiled blues. Then we would play football (in a fashion) on the Sunday.

Did anybody experience the City in the City express? Was it anywhere near full? Did it make it back at the advertised time? (And I'm not a cockney)

Did anybody experience the City in the City express? Was it anywhere near full? Did it make it back at the advertised time? (And I'm not a cockney)

- First class carriages just over half full
- Standard class seemed less busy
- nice to talk to Tommy Booth / Peter Barnes / Joe Corrigan who were on hospitality duty
- "dry train" status was ridiculous but jobsworth decision by BTP rather than club
- train left Manchester after game at 10.33pm (as advertised) - back into Euston for 1.00am (scheduled arrival was 1.17am)
- essentially did what it said on the tin + went pretty smoothly

- First class carriages just over half full
- Standard class seemed less busy
- nice to talk to Tommy Booth / Peter Barnes / Joe Corrigan who were on hospitality duty
- "dry train" status was ridiculous but jobsworth decision by BTP rather than club
- train left Manchester after game at 10.33pm (as advertised) - back into Euston for 1.00am (scheduled arrival was 1.17am)
- essentially did what it said on the tin + went pretty smoothly
So probably less than half full ? How many coaches were there, service trains seem to have 11 normally, but I imagine it was way less than that ?

If they stopped it at MK, it might be full, judging from what I see at weekends.

Why was it a dry train ? Not much chance of trouble since it was all City, unlike weekends. I bet that was popular with the corporate types.

1QF4Kd1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.