The Conservative Party/Government

There are no needs for phones when in the HoC imo. They are simply a distraction.

They are there to discuss and debate the running of the country and should be giving their attention, not tapping away.

I do agree with you on your latter point
I think that MPs should show a little more discipline and restraint, and on the back of this incident, I suspect they'll be aware of the optics and be more discreet when using them in the chamber, but I don't think it will halt usage. One of the more amusing points in recent months has been their use during PMQs, with opposition MPs clearly reading Dominic Cummings' tweets and asking embarrassing questions.

Last edited:
The savings just stack up - but its too far from their favourite restaurants I suppose
I think there's also a deeper issue at stake. Some of those who are in charge are loathed to see any permanent move outside of London as they see it as a dilution of their power. They'll dress it up as protecting cherished institutions and the nation's long-established culture, but, in essence, it's all about a comparatively small number of people maintaining control over what they have long possessed.

It's a simple solution but has others have said it would impact on all those MPs that do other jobs nearby and they won't vote for it.
We need 100 MPs. We need PR. Build it in Milton Keynes with a 100 apartment block next door. The H of P then becomes a tourist destination earning money.

It‘s with some sense of shock that I know realise that my purchase of a Corgi Toys Massey Ferguson tractor many years ago could be an offence of selling a minor a sex-toy.

Tories soiling themselves in public - again and again with lies

Dan Hodges soiling himself in public - read the whole thread/time line

The Conservatives have also had electoral alliances with the Ulster Unionists, and when the Conservatives more recently rebranded themselves in Northern Ireland, they chose not to contest all seats. Did that, too, constitute denying the electorate choice?...

For people - dignitaries and the like - they would appreciate the proximity of an airport AND the MP's couldn't complain it was hard to get to from their constituencies.

Oh of course because its not only Ministers who work in offices in departmental buildings its all the MP's of the serving Govt who go to the offices - I wonder do they hot desk or get allotted a specific Govt department they work at? If so why are we paying for them to have an office in the HoC? Another question would be why has a lot of central govt departmental work over the years been moved out of London ( Bristol used to be a popular location to move offices to ) and why are the current govt committed to moving more out under their levelling up strategy? Final point I'd make is its 2022 - Teams - Zoom and video conferencing all exist

Sorry you actually think it’s easier to get from every constituency in Britain to…coventry (intersection of m1 and M6 )than it is London?you think mps are flying to parliament? You think dignitaries can’t get to London easily?

Even for a crackpot idea this is particularly crackpot

I know there’s a section of people who think it’s a criminal offence that the government is based in the capital but there is a reason every single country in the world does it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.