The Conservative Party/Government

Sorry you actually think it’s easier to get from every constituency in Britain to…coventry (intersection of m1 and M6 )than it is London?you think mps are flying to parliament? You think dignitaries can’t get to London easily?

Even for a crackpot idea this is particularly crackpot

I know there’s a section of people who think it’s a criminal offence that the government is based in the capital but there is a reason every single country in the world does it.

Suit yourself - best to spend £22 BILLION restoring a leaky damp old place where sex offenders and alcoholics work that is so safe terrorist attacks have resulted in deaths - makes sense.

Also Birmingham Airport and East Mids Airport are close enough by and if you check you might be surprised as to how many airports and miles of motorway there are in the UK - we have trains too.

Sorry you actually think it’s easier to get from every constituency in Britain to…coventry (intersection of m1 and M6 )than it is London?you think mps are flying to parliament? You think dignitaries can’t get to London easily?

Even for a crackpot idea this is particularly crackpot

I know there’s a section of people who think it’s a criminal offence that the government is based in the capital but there is a reason every single country in the world does it.

You are wrong.

Which city is home to the Parliament of the Netherlands?

Are you not aware of countries moving their capital to decentralise and deconcentrate power and wealth in overpopulated areas.

E. g. Brazil and Nigeria.

You are wrong.

Which city is home to the Parliament of the Netherlands?

Are you not aware of countries moving their capital to decentralise and deconcentrate power and wealth in overpopulated areas.

E. g. Brazil and Nigeria.

Ok I’m sorry, 99% of countries are wrong and you two are right.

Suit yourself - best to spend £22 BILLION restoring a leaky damp old place where sex offenders and alcoholics work that is so safe terrorist attacks have resulted in deaths - makes sense.

Also Birmingham Airport and East Mids Airport are close enough by and if you check you might be surprised as to how many airports and miles of motorway there are in the UK - we have trains too.

Just so I’ve got this right, you think the HOP will…just be left derelict to rot if the gov moved out?

mow where did I say that? Your imagination is running wild and you are making stuff up

I assumed this meant you weren’t going to restore them

best to spend £22 BILLION restoring a leaky damp old place

Right so you’re still going to pay 22 billion to restore and preserve them, just also spend more money to move the government.

Why can’t we compromise?

Have an new English Parliament building in Milton Keynes and the U.K. Parliament can stay at Westminster.

Ok I’m sorry, 99% of countries are wrong and you two are right.

You could at least bother to research first before being obnoxious.

Stats are still wrong.

We could continue rebuilding the palace of Westminster to 18th and 19th century standards, and still not fit in all MPs without them standing in the aisles or we can move to a modern building that is fit for purpose.

Could just as easily be somewhere in outer London or outside of the centre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.