The Conservative Party/Government

every single Mayoral declaration so far bar one have been Labour wins including 3 of the newly established ones

Mark Harper " I think we are seeing mixed results in these Mayoral elections "

Mixed? Mixed? Thats like losing 10 nil and your manager coming out with " I think it was a mixed performance - we stopped them getting a single shot on target in the last 5 minutes" ..........

Including the fact that Labour have won the North Yorkshire mayoralty. That is Rishi Sunak’s own area. If that isn’t an indictment on the government I don’t know what is.

I think there’s a very real chance that a sitting PM could lose his seat come the GE.

every single Mayoral declaration so far bar one have been Labour wins including 3 of the newly established ones

Mixed? Mixed? Thats like losing 10 nil and your manager coming out with " I think it was a mixed performance - we stopped them getting a single shot on target in the last 5 minutes" ..........
Is that you, Eric?

The parallel in football is the Rags, where they continually get praised for not being quite as shit as opposition fans say they are, and for getting a modest result every now and then by luck rather than judgement.

The need to put a positive spin on things for them, and the uncritical reception it gets from people like Fiona Bruce and Laura Kuensberg means they never actually have to face up to how bad they are doing and work out why.

They just carry on deluding themselves and think everyone else it taken in by their gaslighting shite and never face up to their problems

I'd love to know is why they insist on tying themselves so completely to the batshit Rwanda thing. The only people it is designed to appeal to are voters they have already lost to Reform who would quite possibly would prefer more extreme measures, but like everyone else can see that it is clearly never going to work.

Why do they think it's going to win any votes for them.

Don't they do surveys, or even watch Question Time? Did they not see not a single hand being raised when Fiona Bruce asked about who supported it?

The parallel in football is the Rags, where they continually get praised for not being quite as shit as opposition fans say they are, and for getting a modest result every now and then by luck rather than judgement.

The need to put a positive spin on things for them, and the uncritical reception it gets from people like Fiona Bruce and Laura Kuensberg means they never actually have to face up to how bad they are doing and work out why.

They just carry on deluding themselves and think everyone else it taken in by their gaslighting shite and never face up to their problems

I'd love to know is why they insist on tying themselves so completely to the batshit Rwanda thing. The only people it is designed to appeal to are voters they have already lost to Reform who would quite possibly would prefer more extreme measures, but like everyone else can see that it is clearly never going to work.

Don't they do surveys, or even watch Question Time? Did they not see not a single hand being raised when Fiona Bruce asked about who supported it?

It baffles me endlessly. There’s only one group of people that I’ve ever seen claim the Rwanda policy is a good idea and it is Tory MPs. Maybe the odd swivel-eyed loon on the right, but as you say they often don’t think it goes far enough or is effective enough. They want the myth of totally closed borders which can never be delivered unless we want to be like North Korea or Eritrea.

I suspect that it might be some lame attempt to force Labour into revoking an anti-immigration policy once they’re in power so that they can point at how Starmer wants “open border policies” or something stupid like that. Other than that I’m at a total loss.

I think we might have to accept the current Conservative Party is just… not very smart? All those years of elitist inbreeding must have given them an intellectual disadvantage.

Keeping people occupied on Rwanda stops them thinking about crumbling schools, the disaster that they’ve made of the NHS, polluting the waterways, and all the other major issues this country is going through.

I expected the Tories to get an even bigger kicking than they got in these elections, makes you wonder what the political landscape is going to be like after Labour have their 4 years rearranging the furniture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.