The Conservative Party

Cost of living crisis, NHS on its knees, inflation through the roof, energy Bill's increasing more than predicted etc. Have any of them addressed how they are going to solve any of these? Have they f..k. It is all about 'returning to Tory values', rolling back the state, reducing taxes (for the rich).

Each candidate been given a campaign budget of £330k to apply for PM. If they want the job, they should fund their own campaigns, they certainly can afford it.

More tax payers money spunked up the wall, whilst people struggle on from day to day

Bastards!
Where did you see the money was coming from the public purse? I thought it was coming from private donors, which is arguably even worse as that risks them being puppets of their paymasters.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/07/08/...hopefuls-have-raked-in-300000-over-last-year/

It was the way Kay Burley challenged one of the backers this morning, I took from it, we were paying. My bad if I misunderstood
No problem.

The public purse is currently paying between 200-400 thousand for the resignations last week, though there are calls for those involved to clarify whether they will reject/refund/donate what they receive.

No problem.

The public purse is currently paying between 200-400 thousand for the resignations last week, though there are calls for those involved to clarify whether they will reject/refund/donate what they receive.
I'm sure she said the 1922 were allocating £330k for each candidate, so naturally assumed that was tax payers money.

You are prob correct as she didn't qualify with the interviewee where it was coming from.

Still a disgusting amount when times are hard for most

I'm sure she said the 1922 were allocating £330k for each candidate, so naturally assumed that was tax payers money.

You are prob correct as she didn't qualify with the interviewee where it was coming from.

Still a disgusting amount when times are hard for most
If true, that would more likely come from party funds, but it does seem a lot per individual given how briefly most will be in the race. Perhaps they’re not expected to repay it all, which might explain why so many have thrown their hats in the ring.

Just listening to the radio and discovered that the parties don’t require prospective candidates to submit a DBS check!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.