The Conservative Party

Think he's getting a bit hysterical to be honest ....needs to calm down..back in 1960s most people didn't have central heating
It was a grand time to be alive. Now pass me my nebuliser.

Hansard 15 March 1960 vol 619 cc1124-8

"There are in this country today no fewer than 12 million domestic and portable oil heaters in regular use. Of that 12 million, about 9 million are of the safer convector type and about 3 million are of the drip-feed radiant type with which, we are led to believe, special hazards are associated.

"The record of accidents is very grave indeed. For example, it is recorded that in 1956 there were 1,202 fires in homes in this country caused by these domestic oil heaters. In 1958, the last year for which figures are available, the number had risen to 4,464 such fires."

Sood A. Indoor fuel exposure and the lung in both developing and developed countries: an update. Clin Chest Med. 2012 Dec;33(4):649-65. doi: 10.1016/j.ccm.2012.08.003. PMID: 23153607; PMCID: PMC3500516.

"Indoor air pollution from solid fuel use is strongly associated with COPD (both emphysema and chronic bronchitis), acute respiratory tract infections, and lung cancer (primarily coal use) and weakly associated with asthma, tuberculosis, and interstitial lung disease."

Attachments

• 1661527828782.png
    1661527828782.png
    706.8 KB · Views: 3
It’ll cause us to be as green as we can be as most will do all of the above (barring the fridge/freezer).

Maybe keeping your tv off will make more time for reading books.

When you’re finished, lob it on the fire.
Unless it’s one of the appalling Dorries woman’s epics.
In which case, just lob it on the fire straight away.

To be fair mate if i was really pushed i could just cancel sky tv and netflix...just go and watch any games in the pub....are people really struggling if they still have sky tv??

You're doing a bit, aren't you? Surprised you didn't throw in avocado toast and Starbucks in there though. Must try harder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.