The Conservative Party

To be fair mate if i was really pushed i could just cancel sky tv and netflix...just go and watch any games in the pub....are people really struggling if they still have sky tv??

Why should anyone have to go without/see a drop in their standards of living purely so people who already have more money than they could ever possibly need can have more? I'd understand these arguments if there was a national effort required by everybody for the common good, but this is purely an exercise in funnelling money up from the bottom of society to the top. People who work full time jobs in one of the world's biggest economies in 2022 should have enough disposable income to actually enjoy their lives outside of work. Also, regarding watching games in a pub - drinks cost money too.

Shows how out of touch the tories are . Absolute bunch of arrogant public school boys and girls . They won’t go cold this winter or have to sacrifice the things they enjoy . Despise them .

Well said Mr Zahawi, to cut your fuel bills....wait for it......use less. Wonderful. If only we had known that.
Interesting point about using less is than even if you do, the government forced the suppliers to offset the cost of the companies that went bust against us, the public. My daily charge was 18p a day which then quickly changed to 48p a day, which was an increase of over £100.00 per year.

Doesn‘t sound much but it all adds up.

To be fair mate if i was really pushed i could just cancel sky tv and netflix...just go and watch any games in the pub....are people really struggling if they still have sky tv??
Fuck me , Netflix £10 a month and Sky probably on average £80 a month , I do wish the working class would stop taking the piss with such luxuries . At times posters stupidity knows no bounds .

Brilliant, well said that woman. They crap themselves when they meet everyday people who tell them how it is.

Thing is it's worse than that, it's not just that they are neglectful. It's deliberate vandalism. They actively hate the NHS and what it stands for, they hate social care and services because they hate the state. They hate them because they represent collective responsibility and action and the concept of taking care of each other rather than yourself. They don't understand people who get up in the morning whose first thoughts might be focused on helping someone else rather than increasing their own power or self-enrichment. Actually it's more than they don't understand them, I think I'm some ways they fear them because despite getting high on their Ayn Rand pseudo philosophy, deep down in the vestiges of what's left of their souls they know the vast majority of people in the NHS and social care are significantly better, more decent, more moral human beings than they. They know the values those people display day in day out reflect the best of us and they know they themselves are lacking and broken in the ways that really count. But rather than confront their own moral voids they seek to destroy the light that illuminates their own inadequacies, like vampires trying to block out the sun.

For all it's issues, the NHS is more than an institution, it says something about our outlook as a nation, it says something about our collective identity. It's on its knees because they want it on its knees, what WE let happen to it next will tell you everything you need to know about the future of the UK.

Last edited:
Why should anyone have to go without/see a drop in their standards of living purely so people who already have more money than they could ever possibly need can have more? I'd understand these arguments if there was a national effort required by everybody for the common good, but this is purely an exercise in funnelling money up from the bottom of society to the top. People who work full time jobs in one of the world's biggest economies in 2022 should have enough disposable income to actually enjoy their lives outside of work. Also, regarding watching games in a pub - drinks cost money too.
Been saying this for ages, a gold Rolex watch is a luxury not £80 to £100 a month for Sky/Netflix. People work all week and can have some escapism at home. People shouldn’t be made to feel guilty by spending some of their hard earned money on quality tv. What’s the alternative? Graft all week then return home to read Oliver Twist by candlelight for an evening’s entertainment! Most people just want enough money that allows them not to worry when their next bill comes in or have enough to put away for a holiday etc whilst residing in one of the world’s richest countries this really shouldn’t be too much to ask.

Been saying this for ages, a gold Rolex watch is a luxury not £80 to £100 a month for Sky/Netflix. People work all week and can have some escapism at home. People shouldn’t be made to feel guilty by spending some of their hard earned money on quality tv. What’s the alternative? Graft all week then return home to read Oliver Twist by candlelight for an evening’s entertainment! Most people just want enough money that allows them not to worry when their next bill comes in or have enough to put away for a holiday etc whilst residing in one of the world’s richest countries this really shouldn’t be too much to ask.
This.
Some people just don't engage their brain before they open their disengaged mouth holes.
Goes back to the quotes on art, painting and music making the human experience worthwhile.

There's only so much walking in nature and reading of books you can do. We need other experiences.

Sky and Netflix are the new flat screen TV to be used to castigate the poor from having any disposable income to spend on their own enjoyment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.