The Conservative Party

Not wrong though.
Not at all, I was just giving a little context. He’s been the MP there since 2010 and is young, 51, so less likely to be losing his seat. I wouldn’t say they’ll be breaking ranks in the coming days, as they’re hardly in ranks at the moment, but as the markets react and analysts pick holes in what’s been ‘delivered’, I would expect more like Smith to raise their concerns publicly.

Not at all, I was just giving a little context. He’s been the MP there since 2010 and is young, 51, so less likely to be losing his seat. I wouldn’t say they’ll be breaking ranks in the coming days, as they’re hardly in ranks at the moment, but as the markets react and analysts pick holes in what’s been ‘delivered’, I would expect more like Smith to raise their concerns publicly.
To be honest - some disent would not suprise me. Reasons being

1 - most MPs did not back LT and for many (the new BJ intake) this will be there first experience of being shafted by the ERG + brexit lobby, for others its the latest in a long line of being done over by the loonies.

2 - many will see recent polling + this and think I have no chance of winning if this continues. Why not try to generate change. There is not much time and things look to be getting worse.

3 - the group that backed Sunak will be on whats app tonight - you can imagine the messages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.