The Conservative Party

Kwarteng being asked by a reporter regarding the fall of the pound , I don’t comment on the markets was his reply!!! WTAF fella your the chancellor for fooks sake !! What oh what have we got going on. I wouldn’t trust him to mark the board on a game of darts.

Yeah the benefit to me is in the NI change (circa £1k a year better off). I'm not in the additional rate bracket so no gravy there for me.

The thing is they claim that they are reducing tax to help grow the economy but surely if its that simple you can adjust any band and generate the same effect. The obvious question for them is what is it about people earning over £150k a year that made them want to target them, to reduce their tax, to help the economy. Why not tinker with the basic rate?

Income Tax rates and bands
BandTaxable incomeTax rate
Personal AllowanceUp to £12,5700%
Basic rate£12,571 to £50,27020%
Higher rate£50,271 to £150,00040%
Additional rateover £150,00045%
And don’t forget Sunak froze the rise in personal tax allowance until 2026, usually it went up by about £3-400 a year, so we are still fucked at the bottom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.