The Conservative Party

Whilst I can see the attractiveness of splurging on infrastructure spending when rates are low and borrowing is cheap, where would we be now, had we done that and THEN found there was a couple of hundred billion more needed to pay for COVID? Hard to imagine how we would not be in a worse place economically.
Whereas a tanking pound with inflation at 10% is ideal. Luckily for us, gas and oil aren’t priced in dollars or that would make inflation much worse and mean the package announced on heating bills will cost even more. You’ve got a chancellor trying to stoke demand and the BOE trying to slow it down. How can that possibly lead to growth? I suppose the only hope is that Jonny Foreigner will come in their droves, as it’ll be so cheap for them. The yanks can buy up any remaining industry and businesses we’ve got left, and anyone owning shares will likely be ok (FTSE 100 anyway) as their earnings are usually priced in dollars.
We are also giving overseas visitors their VAT back on anything they buy, which is nice.

Whereas a tanking pound with inflation at 10% is ideal. Luckily for us, gas and oil aren’t priced in dollars or that would make inflation much worse and mean the package announced on heating bills will cost even more. You’ve got a chancellor trying to stoke demand and the BOE trying to slow it down. How can that possibly lead to growth? I suppose the only hope is that Jonny Foreigner will come in their droves, as it’ll be so cheap for them. The yanks can buy up any remaining industry and businesses we’ve got left, and anyone owning shares will likely be ok (FTSE 100 anyway) as their earnings are usually priced in dollars.
We are also giving overseas visitors their VAT back on anything they buy, which is nice.
You raise a good point about the BoE. Someone needs to reign them in, because inflation is NOT the problem we should be looking to fix. It will fix itself naturally over the next 12 months or so as higher prices stabilize. Taking more money out of people's pockets with interest rate rises is idiotic right now.

Has kwarteng got the OBR reports on his desk?
If he’s read them and refused to publish, what does that tell you?
Does he think that the markets will find them more horrifying than what they already know?

You raise a good point about the BoE. Someone needs to reign them in, because inflation is NOT the problem we should be looking to fix. It will fix itself naturally over the next 12 months or so as higher prices stabilize. Taking more money out of people's pockets with interest rate rises is idiotic right now.
Thing is mate, you’re obviously not stupid, but if fuel and import costs are rising week on week due to nothing more than the exchange rate, how does inflation stabilise on its own?

Fuck me, the budget is less than 1 working day old. Now I can understand lefties not wanted to even consider that these policies might actually work, but even so.

Let's revisit this is a year or so and see how things are doing. If the economy is "destroyed" by then, well fair enough. But after less than 1 day? Give over.
What makes you think that this is going to work?

Do you know more than the experts and lets face it the market that has tanked over this un costed budget?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.