The Conservative Party

Thing with it is Johnson was ousted by the PCP - the very Party you suggest he could lead. He is wanted back by the membership - the same batshit crazy membership that wanted Truss over Sunak.

If thats what is happening anyone can surely see how its all just swirling around the plug hole and heading down the drain. Its just not feasible.
Great imagery but as the saying goes some turds just won’t flush

Don't really have an understanding into politics/government so a question...

Is this likely to drag on for another couple of years until the general election?

I'd assume the Tories calling one early would be curtains for them, so therefore won't do that? Or can it be forced?

Is this likely to drag on for another couple of years until the general election?

I'd assume the Tories calling one early would be curtains for them, so therefore won't do that? Or can it be forced?

The only people who can force it without a Commons vote are the governing party.
It's possible that a vote of no confidence from Labour would pass, but it would require a lot of COnservative MPs to not vote against it

I would imagine the pressure to call one would force Tories to act within 2 years. They will struggle to hold together as a party and they will be better of dictating events than possibly losing an opposition led vote of no confidence. They can't go on like this and any new PM will still be on shaky ground. I suspect new PM will call one soonish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.