The Conservative Party

Serious answer. I don’t think you can level a charge that he was utterly incompetent - his personal behaviours made him unfit for office - not his policies. You - and many others - may not like his policies but my guess, and I may well be wrong here, is you/they by and large didn’t vote for him at the GE either.

This isn’t to say he should return btw.

What policies?

What policies?

Furlough.
Nightingale hospitals.
Vaccines.
Ukraine.
Levelling up.
NATO expansion.
Social care reforms.
Could even chuck Brexit in there if only because it was the democratic will of the country.

This isn’t to say the policies were implemented without fault/issues/successfully etc - but more to say the reasoning and intent of these policies doesn’t indicate a PM who was utterly incompetent (see Liz Truss for that).

Furlough.
Nightingale hospitals.
Vaccines.
Ukraine.
Levelling up.
NATO expansion.
Social care reforms.
Could even chuck Brexit in there if only because it was the democratic will of the country.

This isn’t to say the policies were implemented without fault/issues/successfully etc - but more to say the reasoning and intent of these policies doesn’t indicate a PM who was utterly incompetent (see Liz Truss for that).

One of those is a Boris Johnson policy

The others range from carrying out existing disaster plans (vaccines, hospitals) to doing what every post world war 2 PM would do RE supporting NATO.

Levelling up is the only one there that you could attribute to Johnson and it's a pile of wank, only recieving 15% of it's supposed budget, has no specific aims and hasn't delivered anything.

Or to quote the Chairman of the commons business, energy and industrial comittee - "8 out of the 12 Missions in the [Levelling up] White Paper had been "rehashed" from the National Industrial Strategy, with the only new targets being for improving school performance, cutting crime and to “restore local pride”

Last edited:
Furlough.
Nightingale hospitals.
Vaccines.
Ukraine.
Levelling up.
NATO expansion.
Social care reforms.

If the Nightingale hospitals were his idea, they’d have been called Johnson hospitals.

One of those is a Boris Johnson policy

The others range from carrying out existing disaster plans (vaccines, hospitals) to doing what every post world war 2 PM would do RE supporting NATO.

Levelling up is the only one there that you could attribute to Johnson and it's a pile of wank, only recieving 15% of it's supposed budget, has no specific aims and hasn't delivered anything.

Or to quote the Chairman of the commons business, energy and industrial comittee - "8 out of the 12 Missions in the [Levelling up] White Paper had been "rehashed" from the National Industrial Strategy, with the only new targets being for improving school performance, cutting crime and to “restore local pride”

So you’re saying any competent prime minster would have done those things. I rest my case.

So you’re saying any competent prime minster would have done those things. I rest my case.

No, I'm saying any prime minister would have done those things. A competent one wouldn't have fucked up as much as Johnson did along the way before getting evicted for his 11th major scandal in 2 years.

Furlough.
Nightingale hospitals.
Vaccines.
Ukraine.
Levelling up.
NATO expansion.
Social care reforms.

There were no social care reforms, or levelling up and we are not in charge of NATO expansion, every country did a furlough scheme and isn’t the woman in charge of the vaccine scheme writing a book detailing how the Govt got in the way and made things worse - unless I’m misremembering this one.

The TCA deal with the EU is shite and as for the NI protocol, Boris initially hailed it as a triumph, then disowned it, and now the Govt is trying to rewrite it unilaterally.

Do people have a memory issue, or is it just Tories? Oh, and Gilts are rising on the prospect of a Johnson return. Clearly nothing wrong with the markets memory.

I have to ask, are Tories addicted to economic chaos? It would help explain Brexit if they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.