The Conservative Party

"The Tory party has shown itself inept, riven with factionalism, contemptuous of the rule of law and exhausted of credible economic ideas."

A quote from an article in a major newspaper. It's not The Guardian, The Mirror or The New Statesman. It's the Financial Times. The FT!
Hard to disagree with any of that tbh.

Can’t say I was ever very clear what his policies were as they seemed to change to suit whoever he was talking to and were basically just keep himself in power. He was not a lunatic ideologue like Truss.

Grant you it’s hard to tell whether he was a liar or incompetent at times, particularly as he would prefer to seem incompetent than have to admit a lie.

Anyone who doesn’t know when there has been a party in his own house, or that bawdy drunken “leaving do’s” were breaching the Covid regs he had set for the country has to be incompetent, but you are right, he is probably just very competent at lying.

Interesting idea. Suggesting Labour / Lib dem agree not to stand against any tories that resign the whip.

It's an interesting idea from a Tory point of view - a way of them keeping their seats that they deserve to lose for enabling the last 12 years of shite

It's an interesting idea from a Tory point of view - a way of them keeping their seats that they deserve to lose for enabling the last 12 years of shite
To force the GE now then L/LD would have to give up 40 seats. But Labour stand to gain 100's. They still win a massive majority. And they might not have gained those 40m anyway. Its harder for LD but if they think longer term a GE now would wipe out the tories. For them its worth a roll of the dice.

I don't post a lot these days - especially not on topics as divisive as politics. That said, I feel almost a sense of duty to nail my colours to the mast on what I'm seeing in Westminster at the moment. I feel like life has turned into a sketch written by Chris Morris, either that or I'm experiencing some kind of psychosis (possible).

Over the last 12 years, from my perspective the country has been subjected to a list of increasingly inept ideologues - each one worse than the last. And that goes for all the great offices of state - Chancellors, Home Secretaries, Foreign Secretaries and Prime Ministers. Each one seemingly in a struggle to show bravado over brain cells. And the bit that I just simply cannot wrap my head around is that people have facilitated this by voting for them.

You could write a thesis on the nostalgia goggles that has led to our country trying to self-immolate in a desperate plea to bring back the Empire. We're in a desperate death-spiral of self-harm - and now the party that put us there are emulating that with their own death-spiral. All at a time where people can't feed their children.

It beggars belief that I'm sat here hoping Rishi fucking Sunak is Prime Minister next week. And why? Because the alternative is that we have another two years of the country being run by an amorphous blob of law-breaking bumbling bullshit with no policies, three word slogans and a track record of protecting sex offenders. And the worst part? I'm actually worried that people would vote him in again at the next election!

The bit that pisses me off the most - and it gets me incandescent - is when I hear "they're all the same" in some weak attempt to exonerate the Tories from whatever scandal they're currently navigating. No. Absolutely not. They are not all the same. There's only one party who are a bunch of irresponsible, austerity peddling, fraud facilitating, Russian-backed, prorogueing, ministerial code-breaking, law-breaking, market crashing, refugee-hating, criminal protecting, zero IQ cunts... and it's the party that has that insane avant-garde art exhibition Michael Fabricant in its ranks (who in the actual fuck votes for him?).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.