The Conservative Party

Johnson gets 100, Sunak supporters with 200, Mordaunt with 50, it needs 51 Sunak supporters to vote for Mordaunt in the first ballot.

That keeps it out of the hands of the mad members.

Or Mordaunt doesn't get 100, and Sunak wins by over 100, and the members vote in Johnson knowing he's already not got the confidence of the vast majority of MPs, then we find out just how talented the Truss cabinet was compared to what his would be.

It's going to be the latter, isn't it?

Even Andrew Bridgen is saying he'd give up the Tory whip.
Yep , if even that slug of a Brexiteer is threatening revolt Bozo seems doomed to failure .
Can someone clear up the rules?
I had the impression that if one candidate got more than half the MPs they are automatically chosen..dunno...?

It’s a whole shit show it’s now frankly embarrassing for the United Kingdom to be going through this , it’s shocking to see a government behaving like this in any part of the world but this our country.it’s not good enough the self interest of this lot is off the scale.
They should never ever be allowed to put us through this again it’s a disgusting.
The country is literally falling apart but yet they still go turning a blind eye into it all.
We’re a laughing stock in the modern world .
The only thing what could slightly bring us some credibility is to have a general election.
It can’t carry on this shit show.

Oi oi saveloy, stupid Essex nonces.
Yes, all thst. I suppose it‘s a symptom of being the only part of the country where trickle down economics can have said to have worked in a widespread sense. There‘s no doubt those (working class) parts of South Essex that are situated close to Canary Wharf etc.. have benefitted from that. It would be wrong to suggest that wasn’t the case, as it’s plain from observing the area.

That working class Tory culture is one that has subsisted since the 80s. Romford has been a Tory seat since 1974, with the (perhaps unsurprising) exception of a small Labour majority in 1997, which is noteworthy as it’s not a discernibly affluent town.

I think I should make my position clear on capital punishment.

I’m in favour of bringing it back for the following:

1. Murder of anyone serving in the armed forces, police and other emergency services.
2. Anyone who kills a child.

That’s it
I'm in favour of bringing it back too.
But solely and only for corrupt, lying politicians.
Those that go against expert advice and cause serious damage to the economy should be hanged in chains.

Johnson claiming he's standing may have coronated Sunak.

The fear of him coming back might push MPs to coronate a new leader rather than have an election with the members deciding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all thst. I suppose it‘s a symptom of being the only part of the country where trickle down economics can have said to have worked in a widespread sense. There‘s no doubt those (working class) parts of South Essex that are situated close to Canary Wharf etc.. have benefitted from that. It would be wrong to suggest that wasn’t the case, as it’s plain from observing the area.

That working class Tory culture is one that has subsisted since the 80s. Romford has been a Tory seat since 1974, with the (perhaps unsurprising) exception of a small Labour majority in 1997, which is noteworthy as it’s not a discernibly affluent town.

Romford is more UKIP than Tory. Romford is also a shithole. Thankfully, the M25 acts as a natural barrier to the rest of Essex. Sort of like a fence at the zoo.

Romford is more UKIP than Tory. Romford is also a shithole. Thankfully, the M25 acts as a natural barrier to the rest of Essex. Sort of like a fence at the zoo.
It’s a dichotomous county. It’s north, bordering Suffolk, has some of the most beautiful villages in the kingdom.

In terms of your claim around UKIP, that is plainly mathematically incorrect. The closest UKIP got to the Tories was in 2015 where they got less than half the number of votes. In 2017 they got less than 5% of the vote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.