The Conservative Party

As long as they don’t use public services (libraries, leisure centres), restrict their outdoor trips to daylight hours (street lighting), and never need the emergency services, true. If they remain childless, then in later life they might also rely on social services as well...

Pay enough Tax and NI which go towards emergency services.

I wouldn't mind the amount we pay if there were actual services but there's no value from C tax. They've also reduced recycling collections where I am to once a month which is ridiculous. Rip off Britain, we are taxed too much for no value at all. Money is pissed up the wall by government and councils and we are left to pick up the pieces.

I wouldn't mind the amount we pay if there were actual services but there's no value from C tax. They've also reduced recycling collections where I am to once a month which is ridiculous. Rip off Britain, we are taxed too much for no value at all. Money is pissed up the wall by government and councils and we are left to pick up the pieces.
I don’t disagree that there is ridiculous waste and that some services (recycling collections in particular) have been evidently reduced and made harder to access, which is why it is the most identifiable. However, people in the U.K. do not pay as much in taxes as many countries on the continent, and people in some of those countries then have to pay for personal health insurance on top of that as well. People might be more content if they actually paid more, but that seems highly unlikely.

I wouldn't defend councils by stating that they do not waste money. They do but then most large private companies do too.

It depends what you mean by value. Do you not see value in councils, for example, looking after vulnerable people?
Most of the council tax you pay we will benefit a minority of residents or on services you probably do not appreciate. For example, around 60p of every £ of CTax is spent on social care. Someone with both a physical and learning disability will cost around £350,000 - £400,000 per year. Then you have money being spent on statutory services such as licensing, food safety and youth offending services.

Since 2010, councils have faced budget cuts and additional costs from Government (e.g. Council Tax Support) of around 40%-50% of their budgets. At the time, social care was over 60% of spend. Added to this, inflation is going to cost, my council around £10-11m. A 1% increase in CTax in the borough will generate around £1m.

state of Not So here

These lying fuckers are making it up on the hoof .

" I'm not an Economist ( and therefore unqualified to answer the question) but I'm going to bullshit my way through using as many deflectionary tactics as possible ".

Another ERG supporting **** with no morals and no fucking answers !

These lying fuckers are making it up on the hoof .

" I'm not an Economist ( and therefore unqualified to answer the question) but I'm going to bullshit my way through using as many deflectionary tactics as possible ".

Another ERG supporting **** with no morals and no fucking answers !
I thought the latest Tory plan was to blame everything on Truss / Kwarteng to deflect from Brexit but I guess they can change the argument every 5 minutes if they want depending on who they're trying to kid.

I thought the latest Tory plan was to blame everything on Truss / Kwarteng to deflect from Brexit but I guess they can change the argument every 5 minutes if they want depending on who they're trying to kid.

They have so many fucking lies and bullshit excuses for every situation that actually blaming Truss, who is truly an incapable, clueless and narcissistic ****, is not needed. If they had a modicom of decency they would deselect the **** and remove her pension rights for her sheer incompetence and arrogance.

There are obviously so many factions within the party but the despicable ERG are truly responsible for most of the issues, with the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris and all the other self-serving cunts ignoring the interests of the ordinary member of the electorate.

Listening to a distraught head-teacher explaining how much damage is going to be inflicted on the education of our children. It is desperately serious the long-term harm they are about to do.
Meanwhile, the lying hunt person tells us that we are ALL going to pay more tax.
Presumably he has overlooked the fact that the public schools he and his cronies attended do not pay a red cent in tax so will be unaffected.
The already huge gulf between state and private education is about to widen. No question who benefits at public expense.
This is so symptomatic of the cruelty and sneering ignorance and contempt in which they hold us and the things that are important and essential for a well run, fair society.

As long as they don’t use public services (libraries, leisure centres), restrict their outdoor trips to daylight hours (street lighting), and never need the emergency services, true. If they remain childless, then in later life they might also rely on social services as well...
Yes, but apart from street lighting, sewers, gas and electricity supply, libraries, swimming pools, parks, schools, children's and adult social care, what has the Council ever done for us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.