The Conservative Party

So Matt Hancock is now in the final four in the jungle. Is it possible with this new found popularity he might just win it? And folk think that the Tories will get wiped out at the next election? As a nation we can be manipulated into voting for anything or anyone.
I think it’s more of an indictment of who watches that show and how politics has fallen apart from the Simon Cowell effect of how his viewers vote.

I think it’s more of an indictment of who watches that show and how politics has fallen apart from the Simon Cowell effect of how his viewers vote.
I think it's down to the fact that Hancock will get a solid 20% of the votes from die hard Tories and the other contenders have to share the other 80%. Any one on one vote would see Hancock lose by a huge margin and once it's down to 4 where the average vote to stay will need to exceed the 20% he will be gone. If it was a vote for who should be chucked out he would have been out first.

I think it's down to the fact that Hancock will get a solid 20% of the votes from die hard Tories and the other contenders have to share the other 80%. Any one on one vote would see Hancock lose by a huge margin and once it's down to 4 where the average vote to stay will need to exceed the 20% he will be gone. If it was a vote for who should be chucked out he would have been out first.
Surely that cant be the case? Die hard Tories won’t know what IACGMOOH is, unless JRM has got his staff to vote for him.

Even when the equation involves just one Conservative, people quickly twig that there is a desperate need for electoral reform. Props Matt.

Why imagine? UK politics has been fundamentally shaped by ‘Farage and his cronies’, and many on the Government benches would rub along well with members of UKIP or Reform UK.

I agree that the country would profit from a viable alternative, but I struggle to see where the alternative will come from unless there is electoral change.
Farage and his mates in the new ukip - I think it’s called ‘reform’ wouldn’t under any circumstances rub along with the tories.
The nicotine stained liar is spitting nails about what he sees as a softening on brexit - ‘betrayal’ he called it- by sunak’s government and sees it as his duty to disrupt and challenge them at the next GE.
Since the tories hoover up all the right/centre right votes in Britain, a serious rival which bases its policies on a blind devotion to the failed, but still popular in certain sections of the vote, concept of brexit, it could split the right wing votes enough to let labour in.
I imagine members of the ERG and the likes in the Tory party wouldn’t mind since it is obvious that they see their philosophy as being a lot closer to farage and may even see joining ‘reform’ as the way forward for themselves and brexit since they clearly hold no devotion to the tories an would happily bring them down.
It‘s pretty much single issue politics on the hard right.
Either way, it’s going to split the right-wing vote.

Farage and his mates in the new ukip - I think it’s called ‘reform’ wouldn’t under any circumstances rub along with the tories.
The nicotine stained liar is spitting nails about what he sees as a softening on brexit - ‘betrayal’ he called it- by sunak’s government and sees it as his duty to disrupt and challenge them at the next GE.
Since the tories hoover up all the right/centre right votes in Britain, a serious rival which bases its policies on a blind devotion to the failed, but still popular in certain sections of the vote, concept of brexit, it could split the right wing votes enough to let labour in.
I imagine members of the ERG and the likes in the Tory party wouldn’t mind since it is obvious that they see their philosophy as being a lot closer to farage and may even see joining ‘reform’ as the way forward for themselves and brexit since they clearly hold no devotion to the tories an would happily bring them down.
It‘s pretty much single issue politics on the hard right.
Either way, it’s going to split the right-wing vote.
I wrote some of the Tories, quite a few of whom had roots in UKIP or ties with it before it became Reform UK.

Farage is hugely responsible for the mess, so I would expect nothing more than for him to try and disassociate himself from it. You’re right, he‘ll muster his charges again and they’ll run in seats at the General Election, but I’m not sure that people will have the stomach to listen to more of him and more of his lies. They might make enough headway to take votes from the Conservatives in certain places, but they’re not going to take seats, and the Tories will be haemorrhaging votes to everyone anyway, so their impact might be much less and certainly not worth the airtime of old.

I wrote some of the Tories, quite a few of whom had roots in UKIP or ties with it before it became Reform UK.

Farage is hugely responsible for the mess, so I would expect nothing more than for him to try and disassociate himself from it. You’re right, he‘ll muster his charges again and they’ll run in seats at the General Election, but I’m not sure that people will have the stomach to listen to more of him and more of his lies. They might make enough headway to take votes from the Conservatives in certain places, but they’re not going to take seats, and the Tories will be haemorrhaging votes to everyone anyway, so their impact might be much less and certainly not worth the airtime of old.
Agree, but I see him and his party simply targeting the gammons whom he will tell are having their beloved brexit watered down with a view to getting closer to the EU and the only way to stop it is to not vote conservative.
I‘m hoping there are still enough of them to split very close marginal votes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.