The Conservative Party

Agree, but I see him and his party simply targeting the gammons whom he will tell are having their beloved brexit watered down with a view to getting closer to the EU and the only way to stop it is to not vote conservative.
I‘m hoping there are still enough of them to split very close marginal votes.
At the Tiverton and Honiton by-election in June, Reform UK amassed 481 votes and UKIP 241 votes. Reform UK is intending to run in the local elections in England and Wales in May, but if you look at its website, it looks cheap and certain pages haven’t been updated in quite some time. Those local election results will be the only barometer unless there are by-elections.

Farage and his mates in the new ukip - I think it’s called ‘reform’ wouldn’t under any circumstances rub along with the tories.
The nicotine stained liar is spitting nails about what he sees as a softening on brexit - ‘betrayal’ he called it- by sunak’s government and sees it as his duty to disrupt and challenge them at the next GE.
Since the tories hoover up all the right/centre right votes in Britain, a serious rival which bases its policies on a blind devotion to the failed, but still popular in certain sections of the vote, concept of brexit, it could split the right wing votes enough to let labour in.
I imagine members of the ERG and the likes in the Tory party wouldn’t mind since it is obvious that they see their philosophy as being a lot closer to farage and may even see joining ‘reform’ as the way forward for themselves and brexit since they clearly hold no devotion to the tories an would happily bring them down.
It‘s pretty much single issue politics on the hard right.
Either way, it’s going to split the right-wing vote.

I think he's just using the same tactics that worked so well for him for previous votes - make the Conservatives fear a split and wipeout, and assuming they'll move to encompass the more extreme opinions.

He doesn't have money or support to run a proper campaign, as it would take away from his grift and his media soundbites.

At the Tiverton and Honiton by-election in June, Reform UK amassed 481 votes and UKIP 241 votes. Reform UK is intending to run in the local elections in England and Wales in May, but if you look at its website, it looks cheap and certain pages haven’t been updated in quite some time. Those local election results will be the only barometer unless there are by-elections.
I think the difference now is that farage can use the apparent softening on brexit by this govt.
He calls it ‘betrayal’ and this sort of rhetoric will appeal to a good number of brexit voters who still put the failed experiment before the Tory party.
He didn’t need an efficient party apparatus to sway votes in favour of brexit in the last GE.
All he needed was a poster and a few words like ‘Turkey, Romania, and swamped’.
Now he has a fairly tangible ‘betrayal of brexit’.

another dy of Tory lies

It is looking likely that there will be more revelations about the dishonesty of these greedy and self serving individuals who make up the Tory establishment.

The words of Rishi when becoming yet another unelected Tory PM - " we deliver honesty and integrity " looking to be a very hollow claim indeed.

I think the difference now is that farage can use the apparent softening on brexit by this govt.
He calls it ‘betrayal’ and this sort of rhetoric will appeal to a good number of brexit voters who still put the failed experiment before the Tory party.
He didn’t need an efficient party apparatus to sway votes in favour of brexit in the last GE.
All he needed was a poster and a few words like ‘Turkey, Romania, and swamped’.
Now he has a fairly tangible ‘betrayal of brexit’.
I suspect that the tables are likely to be turned on Farage and his ilk in the coming months. People are quickly starting to realise that the miracle tonic is rancid and that he was one of the key snake oil sellers. It’ll be easier for him to remain on the periphery yelling that it wasn’t his recipe or that you were supposed to rub it on not drink it! Either way, I don’t think the public has the appetite for any more right-wing unctions.

How can she distance herself when the firm’s only director works for her husband??
It’s the old tale of tories so arrogant that they think the rules don’t apply to them.
In spite of all the evidence they will carry on lying and get all affronted when we don’t believe them.
How much money do these parasites need?
Corruption and sleaze as normal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.