The Conservative Party

Much longer than twelve years mate..... every problem that we face today can be traced back to a Tory policy.... energy, transport, NHS, Border Control , Prisons, Mortgage rates, etc etc
I agree with that, absolutely, but I was just talking about the 12-year societal and economic effect of their policies; it really has been a disastrous period.

See that Baroness Bra is now taking a break from her position to deal with the " slur " against her reputation !

Failing down under the strain , or the elastic in an old bra perhaps ?
Or avoiding scrutiny while pretending to be open to it. Doesn’t have to declare her interests or what have you if “on leave” from the Lords. As if she hasn’t been anyway judging by her voting and attendance record

Or avoiding scrutiny while pretending to be open to it. Doesn’t have to declare her interests or what have you if “on leave” from the Lords. As if she hasn’t been anyway judging by her voting and attendance record

she hasn't voted since April which one assumes was her last time in there - not like she needs £325 a day.

What baffles me is her Mayfair home - which she boasted about moving to online - is now up for sale for £20m. The yacht she bought at the same time and posted about on line is up for sale for £9m. Her take from the PPE contracts is reported to have been £29m. A coincidence?

He official line is she doesn't have a Mayfair home nor a yacht nor was she anything to do with any PPE contract nor did she personally gain. I am pretty sure that her people will have distanced her for tax reasons from actually owning some of these things - homes owned via off shore trusts etc - but they are hers and any half arsed investigation will be able to join the dots and land up on her doorstep.

And the Govt have announced they will not oppose the request in Parliament to make public all the e-mails etc relating to the case. Sunak is hanging Mone and by default Gove out to dry presumably confident he can distance himself and his party from what went on - he may even be hoping for a hattrick and get some focus on the Granny Killing Kangaroo Arse eater too

she hasn't voted since April which one assumes was her last time in there - not like she needs £325 a day.

What baffles me is her Mayfair home - which she boasted about moving to online - is now up for sale for £20m. The yacht she bought at the same time and posted about on line is up for sale for £9m. Her take from the PPE contracts is reported to have been £29m. A coincidence?

He official line is she doesn't have a Mayfair home nor a yacht nor was she anything to do with any PPE contract nor did she personally gain. I am pretty sure that her people will have distanced her for tax reasons from actually owning some of these things - homes owned via off shore trusts etc - but they are hers and any half arsed investigation will be able to join the dots and land up on her doorstep.

And the Govt have announced they will not oppose the request in Parliament to make public all the e-mails etc relating to the case. Sunak is hanging Mone and by default Gove out to dry presumably confident he can distance himself and his party from what went on - he may even be hoping for a hattrick and get some focus on the Granny Killing Kangaroo Arse eater too

TBF it’s the right approach by our parliamentarians here on all sides. She’s got questions to answer, people who abused the process need to be held to account. I don’t see her as being hung out to dry, more that no one is prepared to defend what looks like the indefensible or at least questionable. Whatever happens at the next election, we can already see some of the sanity returning to our politics, thankfully.

People forget that wages have not been increased in real terms for years. There are a few exceptions. Lorry drivers are probably one. But the great bulk of workers, not least in the public sector, have been expected to 'sacrifice' for a decade.

Meanwhile, uber-rich cnuts have become even more uber-rich and the wealth gap has grown massively.

The bottom line is that the great majority of workers in this country are seriously underpaid.

Evidence? 1. Many people draw UC (benefits from the state) to supplement their wages. 2. People claim they would be 'better off' on benefits. Given that benefits are at the starvation level, this proves, if true, that wages are far too low. It certainly is not the case that benefits are too high.

Give people this treatment for too long and they start kicking off, which is what we are seeing. Now on top of all that we have real-term tax rises, not least the freeze on personal allowances, which is quite subtle but will claw more and more as the years go by. If inflation remains high, I suspect it will even lead to people on state pensions (and nothing more) paying income tax in a few more years.

No wonder people are pissed off.

People forget that wages have not been increased in real terms for years. There are a few exceptions. Lorry drivers are probably one. But the great bulk of workers, not least in the public sector, have been expected to 'sacrifice' for a decade.

Meanwhile, uber-rich cnuts have become even more uber-rich and the wealth gap has grown massively.

The bottom line is that the great majority of workers in this country are seriously underpaid.

Evidence? 1. Many people draw UC (benefits from the state) to supplement their wages. 2. People claim they would be 'better off' on benefits. Given that benefits are at the starvation level, this proves, if true, that wages are far too low. It certainly is not the case that benefits are too high.

Give people this treatment for too long and they start kicking off, which is what we are seeing. Now on top of all that we have real-term tax rises, not least the freeze on personal allowances, which is quite subtle but will claw more and more as the years go by. If inflation remains high, I suspect it will even lead to people on state pensions (and nothing more) paying income tax in a few more years.

No wonder people are pissed off.

You never hear how benefits for the working poor are a state subsidy for employers, but that is what they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.