The Conservative Party

Yep the tragedy is a big percentage of people will never get much to enjoy the money they have earnt.
This country is finished

Unfortunately most of the Tories won't be amongst that percentage, due to the corruption and dirty dealings that they have engaged in throughout their miserable fucking lives.

Meanwhile decent, honest, hard working people ..............................

Unfortunately most of the Tories won't be amongst that percentage, due to the corruption and dirty dealings that they have engaged in throughout their miserable fucking lives.

so what's the long term answer then, will a Labour goverment do things any different?

For MPs, that's fair, although retiring age as an MP is often well into the 70s

Most Conservative voters will presumably be in the same boat as everyone else.

That last paragraph should be dismissable as insane hyperbole. Except I've just had a think about the interactions I've had with my own MP over the last few years, I've thought about some of what's happened in parliament in the last few years and some of the select committees I've had the misfortune to watch. I've also thought about the inherent conflicts in the ruling party (and the opposition too) and how these are (mis)managed and I've thought about the lack of appetite in parliament for electoral reform and renewal. On this basis and accepting that a percentage won't work out (and that posters from the match day thread will of course be barred from standing), I think with the support of a hopefully still functioning civil service, your proposal is entirely plausible. Which is truly insane.

Very few MPs do 30-40 years but get a pension after just 10 years service of £17k Try that in any other job.

Less than I expected, certainly.

I guess it depends who get booted after their party falls out of favour or are booted in a party purge. At the moment about 65 (10%) have been there 25 years, but under 30 have 30+ years.
I don't think that's that healthy really - having only 90 with more than 20 years seems quite light on experience, which probably hasn't helped the current shambles.

Fair point on the pension - didn't realise that it was 10 years for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.