The Conservative Party

And labour only got over a 1000.

Labour and Greens tactical vote?

If so it could be the way forward for the GE to remove the Tories nationwide.

Labour vote down by 7300.
Although some of that is due to the turnout being down, it's still less than the LD majority.
Green vote went up in actual votes 5.1% up to 10.2%, so not a tactical Green vote.

These ULEZ zones are idiotic and people were right to give Labour a bit of a kick because of it.

Effectively forcing people to scrap perfectly good cars before their time and replace them with new ones is not good for the environment.

I don’t mind Sadiq Khan but he’s wrong on this.

These ULEZ zones are idiotic and people were right to give Labour a bit of a kick because of it.

Effectively forcing people to scrap perfectly good cars before their time and replace them with new ones is not good for the environment.

I don’t mind Sadiq Khan but he’s wrong on this.
If he'd have done something as simple as allow folk in the new zones to register their current vehicles for an exemption ulez would be unopposed and those (older) vehicles would all be off the road within five years or so anyway. Instead he created a financial cliff edge this summer, and it hits the poor (old cars) and tradesmen with vans. Not the Tory vote.

Labour vote down by 7300.
Although some of that is due to the turnout being down, it's still less than the LD majority.
Green vote went up in actual votes 5.1% up to 10.2%, so not a tactical Green vote.
The picture that should scare the Tories is that Lib Dems are prepared to vote Labour in large numbers, and vice versa. That's the clearest path to wipe out the Tories across the country.

I do wonder if the Green vote is a bit of a Corbyn hangover - A lot of the Corbyn supporting Twitter etc., spend more time criticising and mocking Keir Starmer than being critical of the Tory Government, and that can sustain a 'never-Starmer' block in a way that wouldn't have got traction before Social Media. Hopefully it won't cost too many seats in a General Election, but I suspect the Green's hopes of any kind of informal 'progressive alliance' with Labour and the Lib Dems have taken a hit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.