The Conservative Party

Mercer has spent the last month outing himself as a proper **** hasn't he?

Are they all trying to show they're the Nasty Party?

"I went into politics to avoid identikit politicians, then I signed LIar Johnson's Brexit pledge to make sure I stayed in politics"

"He's only 25" (Same age as Churchill when he was first elected as an MP) "No real experience of the cost of living crisis that we created" (Churchill born in Blenheim Palace...)

The picture that should scare the Tories is that Lib Dems are prepared to vote Labour in large numbers, and vice versa. That's the clearest path to wipe out the Tories across the country.

I do wonder if the Green vote is a bit of a Corbyn hangover - A lot of the Corbyn supporting Twitter etc., spend more time criticising and mocking Keir Starmer than being critical of the Tory Government, and that can sustain a 'never-Starmer' block in a way that wouldn't have got traction before Social Media. Hopefully it won't cost too many seats in a General Election, but I suspect the Green's hopes of any kind of informal 'progressive alliance' with Labour and the Lib Dems have taken a hit.
Presuming Green voters in Uxbridge like the ULEZ, voting Green rather than Labour let in the Tory.

The Tories campaigned against their own policy

I know this is the Tory way. Demand councils do something, they do it, then local Tories oppose it locally (housing, roads, low traffic neighbourhoods etc). But this letter was about extending the ULEZ to the N Circular and S Circular which was done. Kahn's plan expands it much further. You need a similar smoking gun that this was at the government's initiative.

Last edited:
You mean like LibDems gifted their votes to Labour in Selby, and Labour to the LibDems in Frome.
That's up to the lib dem voters it's their business not yours. You do know that Labour doesn't have to win every seat nor is it a good thing for them to appear more popular than they are. The Tories will be beaten and Labour will win the next election but its not good if the victory is too large.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.