The Conservative Party

I think folk are used to being able to pop out to the shops to see friends or whatever without paying £12.50 like folk elsewhere do. There are ulez related scrappage schemes if you are on benefits etc, but for context a 30-40k salary round there is probably not going far. Tradesmen too - finding the dosh for a euro 6 van will be a stretch I think

I've been in the borough numerous times.

It doesn't take long to walk most places and they have a world class transport system what with being next to Heathrow and having a rail station in West Drayton and the tube station in Uxbridge.

Could just get an Uber.

Most people within a London borough don't need a car for day-to-day use.

It doesn't take long to walk most places and they have a world class transport system what with being next to Heathrow and having a rail station in West Drayton and the tube station in Uxbridge.

Could just get an Uber.

when I used to go fairly regularly I'd drive to High Barnet station (just inside the M25) and get the Northern Line to Bank Station. Easy peasy and handy because Barnet was the terminus so if I nodded off on the train back I never missed my stop lol

Presuming Green voters in Uxbridge like the ULEZ, voting Green rather than Labour let in the Tory.

I'd expect the vast majority of them don't even drive a car that will see them paying ULEZ as there are many exemptions.

If your vehicle is one of the following, it will be exempt from the ULEZ charge:
  • A diesel car that meets Euro 6 standards.
  • A petrol car that meets Euro 4 standards.
  • A fully-electric car.
  • Hybrid cars and mild hybrids must meet Euro 4 or 6 depending on their fuel type.

Diesel euro 6 standards came in Sept 2015 and petrol euro 4 January 2005. Still they probably all read the Mail and think Richard Tice is a genius so they know where to get the truth from.

I'd expect the vast majority of them don't even drive a car that will see them paying ULEZ as there are many exemptions.

If your vehicle is one of the following, it will be exempt from the ULEZ charge:
  • A diesel car that meets Euro 6 standards.
  • A petrol car that meets Euro 4 standards.
  • A fully-electric car.
  • Hybrid cars and mild hybrids must meet Euro 4 or 6 depending on their fuel type.

Diesel euro 6 standards came in Sept 2015 and petrol euro 4 January 2005. Still they probably all read the Mail and think Richard Tice is a genius so they know where to get the truth from.
There was some talk from the Mayor's side that it's better to move quickly, as this will go away as an election issue when it comes in and most people realise they're not affected.

Could just get an Uber.

I'm sure the people who live there will be touched by your willingness to give up their cars

Seems that in spite of ULEZ initially being started by Johnson as mayor, and mandated by a law brought in by the current Tory government, the Conservative Party - in this by-election - have successfully managed to pin it personally on Sadiq Khan and Labour in general. Just goes to show that truth doesn’t matter, it’s all about getting out a consistent message and it doesn’t matter if it’s true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.