The Conservative Party

I suspect there’s a significant number of people who don’t realise that the ULEZ won’t actually affect them because they’ve not checked and are instinctively against it because they believe the propaganda. When it come in and they realise it’s costing them nothing the issue will go away.
I think there are a similar amount supporting it just because of other propaganda. But back to the point - it just lost labour a by-election.

I think there are a similar amount supporting it just because of other propaganda. But back to the point - it just lost labour a by-election.

A constituency which has always been Tory and was created from two constituencies that were always Tory (or unionist) apart a brief time after the war.

A constituency that voted 57% leave and has a large number of people who are far more likely to believe GB News style propaganda.

A constituency which has always been Tory and was created from two constituencies that were always Tory (or unionist) apart a brief time after the war.

A constituency that voted 57% leave and has a large number of people who are far more likely to believe GB News style propaganda.
Yes, there is certainly a possibility that they along with Hillingdon/ruislip would basically vote for anything with a blue rosette on it, but John MacDonald is only down the road in hayes and he does ok. I think it's an opportunity lost although to reduce it from a safe to a marginal seat is something I suppose. There are a lot of these local pocket issues that could become a banana skin for Starmer in the ge though if he's complacent.

Yes, and the other point is that the next election will be after ULEZ comes in and it will no longer be an issue except to maybe 5% of constituents who have kept their old diesel cars.

Yes, and the other point is that the next election will be after ULEZ comes in and it will no longer be an issue except to maybe 5% of constituents who have kept their old diesel cars.
I don't think it's even ulez itself that's got people's backs up, more the deafness of the mayor.

I suspect there’s a significant number of people who don’t realise that the ULEZ won’t actually affect them because they’ve not checked and are instinctively against it because they believe the propaganda. When it come in and they realise it’s costing them nothing the issue will go away.
Expanding or even sustaining any form of ULEZ is moronic whilst public transport is facing total ruin. Right now it's getting more and more expensive to use the alternatives such as the train and that's if it runs at all.

They should be suspending the ULEZ right now and not expanding it in light of the cost of living crisis, strikes and costs of alternatives.

What's really happening is the benefits of newer cars with less emissions are being lost anyway because more and more people have to take to the roads.

Have a look at Google Maps traffic around Manchester today, what is the point in forcing people to buy a new car to reduce a specific car's emissions by 50% when 50% more people are on the roads?

It's just funny that this issue is political because it shouldn't be, that's because in all of this it's obvious that no-one gives a shit about the climate.

Great, good job air traffic never routinely 'stack' the inbound flights circling over all the new London ulez boroughs then. Otherwise tonnes of toxins would be dumped all over them. Heathrow itself of course is bang inside the new ulez zone and all the residents nearby will now enjoy clean air for their kids because they have new cars.
What, so the inbound flights do donuts over Uxbridge for 20 minutes and then land at right angles to the runway?

Yes, there is certainly a possibility that they along with Hillingdon/ruislip would basically vote for anything with a blue rosette on it, but John MacDonald is only down the road in hayes and he does ok. I think it's an opportunity lost although to reduce it from a safe to a marginal seat is something I suppose. There are a lot of these local pocket issues that could become a banana skin for Starmer in the ge though if he's complacent.

John Macdonnell's constituency Hayes and Harlington voted 78% remain and has been traded back and forth between Labour and Tories since the 70s . It's a marginal seat where Macdonnell has established himself as a constituency servant.

Uxbridge and Ruislip until very recently due to the Eton Mess was a Safe Tory seat.

Without checking census figures but having been in both, I'm quite confident it's less old and less white, and less gammon.

John Macdonnell's constituency Hayes and Harlington voted 78% remain and has been traded back and forth between Labour and Tories since the 70s . It's a marginal seat where Macdonnell has established himself as a constituency servant.

Uxbridge and Ruislip until very recently due to the Eton Mess was a Safe Tory seat.

Without checking census figures but having been in both, I'm quite confident it's less old and less white, and less gammon.
Yes, pretty much sums it up. However a lot of the young aspirational/business owning Asian vote goes Tory too I think as they still regard the conservatives as the friends of said aspiration and business.

The ULEZ issue was just a way for them to still vote Tory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.