The Conservative Party

The A303 is a nightmare and is the main artery to the South West. I live near Glastonbury and work in Taunton, so have to use the A303 on a regular basis. That being said, although everyone slowing down to look at Stonehenge is annoying, adding half hour to a journey does not justify building any tunnel.

Its ok coz it won't be built - what I meant was anyone coming down from the North uses the M5 and from the east the M4 to access the M5

Last edited:
The A303 is a nightmare and is the main artery to the South West. I live near Glastonbury and work in Taunton, so have to use the A303 on a regular basis. That being said, although everyone slowing down to look at Stonehenge is annoying, adding half hour to a journey does not justify building any tunnel.
They're all thinking "I thought it was bigger than that". Stonehehge from the A303 is what gave Spinal Tap the idea.

If that means the Tory party disintegrates it will be brilliant. In fact a whig revival with the LIb Dems (and SNP) vying to be a loyal and not nasty opposition could leave the Tories as the fascist rump they've been creating for themselves.
On that we do agree

I cannot believe how Labour during the run up to the byelection and today did not major on the fact that ULEZ was introduced by by Johnson when he was London Mayor and the widening of the scheme was forced by central govt headed by Johnson at that time via Shapps his transport minister who made the ULEZ extension an integral part of the emergency funding for TFL during the pandemic. Had Khan not agreed everything run by TFL would have stopped within a couple of days
In reality it’s unlikely ULEZ will be a significant issue come the general election. Apparently compliant vehicles make up something like 90% of all vehicles in outer London and in a year it will be up to 95%. Once it comes into operation in a month or so most people will quickly realise it’s a non-issue.

Seems that in spite of ULEZ initially being started by Johnson as mayor, and mandated by a law brought in by the current Tory government, the Conservative Party - in this by-election - have successfully managed to pin it personally on Sadiq Khan and Labour in general. Just goes to show that truth doesn’t matter, it’s all about getting out a consistent message and it doesn’t matter if it’s true.
Khaldoon take heed !

Are they all trying to show they're the Nasty Party?

"I went into politics to avoid identikit politicians, then I signed LIar Johnson's Brexit pledge to make sure I stayed in politics"

"He's only 25" (Same age as Churchill when he was first elected as an MP) "No real experience of the cost of living crisis that we created" (Churchill born in Blenheim Palace...)

The problem I have with Mercers condescending verbal assault is that if anything Kier Mather is better equipped to comment on and deal with issues arising with people - particularly the young. Mercer had a wealthyish upbringing - was a Military Officer so fairly well paid then has spent 9 years as an MP coining it in and paying his Mrs shitloads as his "secretary" - he claimed £200k+ in expenses last year.

His criticism of Mather is he is young and only been to Uni....... right so Mather went to Uni - racked up debts - until now lived in a world where he can't afford to get a home either rented or buying - he represents a world Mercer helped create but has zero understanding of. Mercer can't help himself from being a **** though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.