The Conservative Party

None of that really matters unless you're talking about noise pollution. Aircraft fly in the air and air moves around so it's irrelevant where they are.

The stacks are set to reduce noise impact above all else. Aircraft produce the most pollution on takeoff whereas the engines tend to be at lower speeds on approach. There are local pollution and noise sensors at airports for this reason as operators have to reduce takeoff engine speeds wherever possible.

Look at any pollution map of the area near an airport, it's always worse directly around the takeoff runway but relatively non-existent elsewhere.

The worst I've seen for pollution in London is on the underground. I had to go to London for work last Tuesday and I only took a few trips on the underground but afterwards my nose was pouring out and full of black gunk.
I always thought that was just London! Nowadays with a bus pass if I've got time I'd stay above ground - but with google maps it's obvious what Levelling Up means - you won't find a bus journey anywhere else where the most favourable place to change buses changes minute to minute because there's so many of them.

The BBC's interview which pointed out the 10% said yesterday that it's most commonly the older folk with the older cars, not necessarily the poor.

And I would think that older folk may be more likely to vote Conservative.
And more likely to be able to afford a compliant car.

If 90% of cars are compliant, why not just wait for time to take its toll on older cars? More to the point, do what Paris does and charge more for SUV parking (not matter if compliant, they cause more pollution than smaller cars).

Expanding or even sustaining any form of ULEZ is moronic whilst public transport is facing total ruin. Right now it's getting more and more expensive to use the alternatives such as the train and that's if it runs at all.
We're talking about London here. Cheapest place for the most efficient public transport anywhere in the UK.

What, so the inbound flights do donuts over Uxbridge for 20 minutes and then land at right angles to the runway?
Take no notice. You'll never know if he's serious or wumming.

No planes stack over Uxbridge.

And more likely to be able to afford a compliant car.

If 90% of cars are compliant, why not just wait for time to take its toll on older cars? More to the point, do what Paris does and charge more for SUV parking (not matter if compliant, they cause more pollution than smaller cars).

I'd agree with the parking charges for SUV but that does nothing to address pollution and air. Its an attempt to reduce car journeys in the capital - if you just do what Paris does you could rive a polluting vehicle from the bottom of the M1 thru central London out the otherside to Brighton and pay nothing except the congestion charge. I know you'd be mad to do it but thats just an example.

Its funny but Bradford have had one for some time. Newcastle recently extended theirs. Don't recall Tice, Farage and Johnson having a freak out over them.

When they think the rules don't apply to them

I’d be very annoyed if I were paying huge sums of money to influence political parties and think-tanks and all I was getting back was a few disastrous days of truss, a year of sunak and …..errrmm..….Rees-smug.
Not much of a return is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.