The Conservative Party

Just process the applications quicker .... since the Labour Government .. the tories have reduced the the asylum case handlers from 8000 to less than 3000.... thus creating a backlog .... then they put the backlog in hotels .. solely to wind gammon up because of the cost ...then they use the current cost to justify spending £1.6 billion on renting a floating prison (that only cost £40 million to build )
Source for those figures?

I think the Tories making things worse has been a given for a long time now. I would actually be very shocked if they managed to get one thing fight.
It’s gone past merely not getting things right.
They are now almost the anti-government spreading fear and hate and division amongst the people of this country, instead of governing for the general good.
That not only can 30p lee say the things he has, but he gets not criticism from his party, but support, and not a word from the spineless, testicularly challenged leader. If they had the slightest humility or humanity they should be ashamed.
The sort of language and attitude that will result in violence and possibly death, either of asylum seekers or innocent lawyers.
It engenders the kind of attitudes that led to the murder of Jo Cox.

Just process the applications quicker .... since the Labour Government .. the tories have reduced the the asylum case handlers from 8000 to less than 3000.... thus creating a backlog .... then they put the backlog in hotels .. solely to wind gammon up because of the cost ...then they use the current cost to justify spending £1.6 billion on renting a floating prison (that only cost £40 million to build )

But hey racists have to racist
Any thoughts on Labour echoing the Tory dog whistles?

no .... they are entitled to accommodation tho until their case is heard ..... actually thats the wrong answer ... do we have any council houses since the Thatcher govt ?
In many areas, half the council houses sold to the tenants under right to buy have ended up as private rented. Go round some former council estates now and chances are the best kept houses are the ones transferred to Housing Associations and the worst ones are those sold under RTB.

Was it Tony Benn who, after RTB, said that behind the fancy new doors "they're still our people"? (i.e. Labour voters) I'm not sure that's still true. The Tory policy of increased home ownership (which they calculated would mean more Tory voters) has disintegrated, but what we have now is a poor rentier class - highly mobile, likely not to be on an electoral register and, even if they are, not voting.

The boundary changes reinforce the Tory bias by calculating the size of constituencies by who's on the electoral roll and that means areas where people don't move a lot (Tory) have better representation than areas where people do move a lot.

Any thoughts on Labour echoing the Tory dog whistles?

Oh do give over. No-one should want to spend money housing asylum seekers in hotels. But the Tories have engineered a crisis and the difference is how to stop having the need.

Oh do give over. No-one should want to spend money housing asylum seekers in hotels. But the Tories have engineered a crisis and the difference is how to stop having the need.
Not sure if that’s a bot account or just another nut job who will take anything out of context to have a dig at anything that has upset them.

In context, Kinnock stated that they will have no other choice but to keep them on the barge and in hotels because of the absolute shitshow the Tories will have left them in. However, the barge will be the first to go with the biggest priority being processing the claims.

Interesting that after all this time, processing has now become the Tories priority. Who’d have thought they’d steal a policy because they see it as a populist vote.

It’s gone past merely not getting things right.
They are now almost the anti-government spreading fear and hate and division amongst the people of this country, instead of governing for the general good.
That not only can 30p lee say the things he has, but he gets not criticism from his party, but support, and not a word from the spineless, testicularly challenged leader. If they had the slightest humility or humanity they should be ashamed.
The sort of language and attitude that will result in violence and possibly death, either of asylum seekers or innocent lawyers.
It engenders the kind of attitudes that led to the murder of Jo Cox.
They are certainly the worst government in my lifetime. They can't be far off one of the worst ever.

People voted for them and the system though so good luck all coz I've given up tbh.

I’d like to know the reason that claims have been so slow to be processed? Is it resourcing or extra rules implemented by the HO, or even been told to slow processing down.

Either way, those decisions are on the government that has created an issue that they can use to divide the country. I just laugh at them now and anybody arguing for this false narrative get the finger pointing as well.
You answered your own question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.