The Conservative Party

I'll try my best pal. Tribalism on this forum should begin and end with Manchester City.

It's doing my head in. If you're going to spend all that time complaining about the Conservatives (rightly so btw) and not the party that has said it's going to continue the policy, you don't actually care.

The country is on its arse and we're in for more of the same.

If you apply the maxim that the mark of civilised a society is the way it treats its most vulnerable citizens then we are regressing in an appalling fashion. Back in 2017 the UN was already refering to the UK as a failing nation in its duties to disabled people and since then the failures have got deeper and broader sucking more and more people in.

You still see loads of individual acts of kindness and compassion but I find it hard to shake the feeling that as a nation we have increasingly allowed our leaders to turn us into a heartless and cruel nation. I don't think that is who we really are as a people but unless we reverse this trend soon and decisively it will absolutely be our fate.
Anyone reading this, I'd say one thing, we can't wait for politicians to turn it around. We as individuals are the only ones who can do anything. One person's demonstration of their willingness makes others far more likely. It should be treated as normal. Never demand it of another. Do it. Show it. Act unfussily and be positive about it. Others will follow suit.

It's doing my head in. If you're going to spend all that time complaining about the Conservatives (rightly so btw) and not the party that has said it's going to continue the policy, you don't actually care.

The country is on its arse and we're in for more of the same.
I think it’s more to do with the shower of cunts who are the headline acts in the Tory party that gets my goat. Just look at the state of their high Enders. Mogg, Boris, Nadine, 30p Lee, Suella, Rishi, Priti, Gove the list of utter fuck knuckles goes on and on. Each of them veering towards the right and each of them self interested and not giving a shiny fuck about what state they leave the country in.
Yeah, Labour has its own issues but they are nowhere near the league of bad bastards that currently inhabit the Cons. apt name btw.

Unlike you this 'bot' has never contemplated voting Tory never mind doing it. Is all the performative outrage you display on here a way of easing your conscience? If so there really is no need.
Touchy, where did I say you were a bot? I‘m talking about some of the Twitter stuff you post, disingenuous shit used to wind up the left.

You seem to have a genuine grievance so I now try to stay away from your posts. Simple really.

PS. Is there a difference between voting against Labour instead of just trashing them at every opportunity.

Any thoughts on Labour echoing the Tory dog whistles?

You must know that the Labour policy isn't anything similar.

They've consistently made the point that the money is being wasted because claims aren't being dealt with quickly. It's inhumane to keep people in limbo, and Labour have constantly made that argument. There's also a strong argument that the Tories are doing this on purpose because they want the news to be dominated by arguments about immigration.

Frankly, promoting a disingenuous tweet like this is beneath someone like yourself, who clearly cares about other people.

Why hasn’t 30p Lee been sanctioned by Sunak? Not for his hate speech as we know that it’s what the Tories think, but for him confirming that they have failed on the asylum seeker issue.

Yeah, Labour has its own issues but they are nowhere near the league of bad bastards that currently inhabit the Cons. apt name btw.

Really?

I’d say they have admitted they will be much of the same on this issue at least and many others and will just continue along the same lines. The barges will stay that’s for sure.

I look forward to all the criticism on here of them and their policy but I won’t hold my breath.

Course not. There was a time when asylum seekers were free to work while awaiting their claims. Who ended that? Then again it was in 2002 maybe they knew what the fallout would be from the 'liberal interventionist' wars would be?
After all aside from the outlier of Albania the majority of claims are from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. The roots of this crisis go deeper than this government.

Not saying the Tories don't deserve a hammering both for their record and the way they exploit the issue for political gain. I'm just pushing back against the absurd pretence that Labour are above this kind of shit. Have you forgotten about Blunkett? How about Cooper and her 2015 immigration mugs? Do you have no issue with Labour accepting Tory framing on everything?

Labour reduced the application backlog to 18954 (half of these were awaiting appeal) there were 166251 outstanding as at the end of last year

Labour proposed and introduced more 'restrictive' asylum legislation than any government. But are portrayed as having an open door policy

Table 1. Timeline of Migration Policy and Legislative Milestones
in the UK Government, 1998 to 2007
Policy/LegislationTypeYearOverview
Fairer, Faster and Firmer: A Modern Approach to Immigration and AsylumWhite Paper1998Instituted new controls but also a "covenant" with asylum seekers; emphasized "joined up" government and the need for administrative overhaul.
Human Rights ActParliamentary Act1998Incorporated the European Convention on Human Rights into UK law, giving human rights the status of "higher law."
Immigration and Asylum ActParliamentary Act1999Created a "covenant" with asylum seekers but generally restrictive; made provisions for a new welfare support system (the National Asylum Support Service).
Race Relations (Amendment) ActParliamentary Act2000Broadened antidiscrimination legislation to police and immigration service and created "positive duty" for race equality on public authorities.
Antiterrorism, Crime and Security ActParliamentary Act2001Part 4 of the act legislated that suspected terrorists who were immigrants could be interned (potentially on a permanent basis). The Special Immigration Appeals Commission (SIAC) reviews decisions, but the act does not permit judicial review of the SIAC.
Secure Borders, Safe Havens: Integration with Diversity in Modern BritainWhite Paper2002Set out comprehensive reform, including the goal of "managed migration."
The Nationality, Immigration and Asylum ActParliamentary Act2002Increased restrictions on asylum (breaking the previous "covenant") and new enforcement powers, but noted support of economic migration.
Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP)Change to regulations2002Created an immigration scheme based on points that aims to attract high-skilled migrants.
Asylum and Immigration (Treatment of Claimants, etc.) ActParliamentary Act2004Further reduced asylum appeal rights and other restrictive measures.
Controlling our Borders: Making Migration Work for BritainFive-Year Departmental Plan2005Published three months before the 2005 election, the plan set out a strong set of measures on gaining control of borders and managing migration through a new points system.
Improving Opportunity, Strengthening Society: The Government’s Strategy to Increase Race Equality and Community CohesionPolicy Strategy2005A race-equality strategy designed to cut across government, complemented by a cross-cutting, race-equality target, and overseen by a board of senior public figures.
Integration Matters: The National Integration Strategy for RefugeesPolicy Strategy2005Strategy meant to integrate refugees, including new "integration loans" and the piloting of a one-to-one caseworker model. Built on strategy formulated in 2000.
A Points-Based System: Making Migration Work for BritainPolicy Strategy2006Proposed a five-tier economic migration system. Tiers equate to categories: (1) high skilled, (2) skilled with job offer, (3) low skilled, (4) students, and (5) miscellaneous.
Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality (IAN) ActParliamentary Act2006Mainly focused on immigration (rather than asylum), it included restrictions on appeal rights, sanctions on employers of unauthorized labor, and a tightening of citizenship rules.
Fair, Effective, Transparent and Trusted: Rebuilding Confidence in Our Immigration SystemReform Strategy2006Created the arm's-length Border and Immigration Agency, which replaced the Immigration and Nationality Directorate on April 2, 2007.
Enforcing the Rules: A Strategy to Ensure and Enforce Compliance with Our Immigration LawsPolicy Strategy2007Called for secure border control built on biometric visas and greater checks.
UK Borders BillParliamentary Bill2007Proposes police powers for immigration officers and a requirement that foreign nationals must have a Biometric Immigration Document (BID).
Source: International Passenger Survey​

Really?

I’d say they have admitted they will be much of the same on this issue at least and many others and will just continue along the same lines. The barges will stay that’s for sure.

I look forward to all the criticism on here of them and their policy but I won’t hold my breath.
They have admitted that they will be hamstrung should they win the GE but also said that they will be getting rid asp. The difference is this, Labour put out a policy where they would work with other nations and create a cross-border policing service specific to this issue and also work hard to clear the backlog. Interestingly, this is becoming more and more the speech of the Tories which actually makes it the opposite of what you are saying as the Tories are now using Labours tactics in the hope that it softens the vote with the public.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.