The Conservative Party

The right of individual property in land, machinery, and productive power; the right of individual accumulation of wealth, which enables one man to engross for luxury what would suffice to make thousands happy; and the right to buy and sell human labour by which the multitude are made subservient to the few — these are fountains of social injustice.

(William Lovett, 1836)

And disparity of wealth is now a lot worse.

The right of individual property in land, machinery, and productive power; the right of individual accumulation of wealth, which enables one man to engross for luxury what would suffice to make thousands happy; and the right to buy and sell human labour by which the multitude are made subservient to the few — these are fountains of social injustice.

(William Lovett, 1836)

And disparity of wealth is now a lot worse.

Laudable sentiment but it had as much effect in 1836 as it will in 2023 and I’d wager 2150…

I wasn't arguing that point.

Of course Hotels are costly and unsustainable in the long run, It's just frustrating how the Tories have handled all this. They've had 13 years in power and made the process slower and longer.
I wonder what percentage of these hotel owners are Tory party donors. They’ll be affordable until the next election, then applications will be processed quicker and these hotels will go back to being Air BnBs.

I wonder what percentage of these hotel owners are Tory party donors. They’ll be affordable until the next election, then applications will be processed quicker and these hotels will go back to being Air BnBs.

Truth is .....Asylum seekers are in hotels as that ramps up the cost and gets the gammons baying for blood. It also justifies the cost of the Rwanda policy and spending £1.6 billion on a barge contract. They could easily house them a lot cheaper (by processing the applications quicker)

Truth is .....Asylum seekers are in hotels as that ramps up the cost and gets the gammons baying for blood. It also justifies the cost of the Rwanda policy and spending £1.6 billion on a barge contract. They could easily house them a lot cheaper (by processing the applications quicker)
Why would they want to speed up the processing of applications, if according to many sources I find in the media, 80% of the asylum seekers have a valid claim and would get the refugee status. There is a critical mass of population in England specifically that do not want immigrants and asylum seekers no matter what!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.