The Conservative Party

Indeed - the Johnson purge destroyed the backbenches.

Badenoch and/or Braverman are going to both want a top job - neither could be Chancellor, Foreign Sec isn't as important as it used to be and only one can be Home Sec. An awkward circle to square.

When you have only 95 people who have been through a parliament, and only 40 ish have been an MP for more than 9 years (Swayne, Chope, IDS, Davis!), I don't know how you find someone moderate who won't get eaten alive by Farage.
I did not know that swayne and chope were still there. A pair of utter cocks.

I did not know that swayne and chope were still there. A pair of utter cocks.

yes.
Of the names I can put a face to: the two above, Geoffrey Cox, Roger Gale, Danny Kruger, Francois, Ed Leigh, McVey, Sunak, Hunt, Gavin Williamson, Holden - that's 12 of them, are many of them going to be in a shadow role?

Assuming none of them, that leaves 83 who were MPs in the last Parliament, plus 26 newcomers.

There's not going to be much scope for reshuffling if someone's rubbish.

Ohhhh let’s have Tugendhat……..I’d love to keep calling him Tugging forelock!

Sorry, I should be more serious shouldn’t I? I just so want to get a bit of gentle revenge on them. :-( :-)

Does it help if I tell you that I bought and have read 25% of, ‘Keir Starmer. The Biography’ by Tom Baldwin? Would that be serious enough? :-)

Kemi Badenoch, Priti Patel and Tom Tugendhat seem to be the favourites followed by outliers like Victoria Atkins and Robert Jenrick. Of them all, Tugendhat is clearly the sensible choice - not that that cuts any ice in the Tory Party!
There is no way the crypto-fascist Tory membership is going to elect Tugendhat as party leader. These are the same clowns who elected Liz Truss!

I was looking through which Tories have been elected as they will need a new leader with Sunak stepping down and to be honest I can not see one who would be a worthy leader.

So i had a look at Tory social media, which btw is very weird and people were suggesting Ian Duncan Smith. If they do actually go for him it will just confirm they have totally lost the plot.

Any suggestions as to who else might take over?

I do think that this Labour government needs an effective opposition as that is how our system works and it helps protect us from the tyranny of the mass majority. I just do not see it though and that concerns me.

Christ Badenoch or Braverman, how low can they go? It isn't just about the political standpoint but the Tories also need a character who comes across as just normal.... Those two are idiots.

The greatest loss for the Tories was when they binned off sensible people like Rory Stewart.

Its going to be De Pfeffel Johnson .......

Talking of flags I'll nail my colours to the mast - Braverman is a whopping ****. If they were mad enough to make her leader her ideology would alienate such a large sector of the public she would kill them off forever so weirdly I wouldn't mind because Labour would easily beat Reform Ltd with their fake candidates. A coalition between the two - anti-LBGTQ+ Cons and a fake Company that is anti-EU would possibly mean a gap would be created for some sensible centre right Party

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.