The Conservative Party

I agree.

Expecting the reform/Tory merger and Farage named as leader.

I'm not convinced it'll work.

Reform voters do have a good chunk of Tories, but they are mostly people who have rarely, if ever, voted Tory.

Even the poll of Tory members saying nearly 50% were keen, was badly misreported. Only a small chunk of those in favour, were strongly in favour, whereas the majority of those against the idea were strongly against. And Tory members are much more right wing that the typical Tory voter.

I think you end up with less than the sum of its parts.

I'm not convinced it'll work.

Reform voters do have a good chunk of Tories, but they are mostly people who have rarely, if ever, voted Tory.

Even the poll of Tory members saying nearly 50% were keen, was badly misreported. Only a small chunk of those in favour, were strongly in favour, whereas the majority of those against the idea were strongly against. And Tory members are much more right wing that the typical Tory voter.

I think you end up with less than the sum of its parts.

Agreed. Think this pre-election poll is telling:
1000014182.png
The strongest Tory lead (sherry) is also the strongest Lib Dem and the weakest Reform.
They'll lose a fair deal of the core they've relied on for so long if they go as far right as to pander to Reform IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.