The Conservative Party

A poisonous witch. Long May it continue. The penny hasn’t dropped has it?

Has it fuck - they will pick one of the bellends who were so devisive in the last Parliament and promoted the infighting thus ensuring they are unelectable next time. They need a clearout - new MP's who can maybe establish a platform based on being normal but that could take 2 or 3 GE's - not that I care

Has it fuck - they will pick one of the bellends who were so devisive in the last Parliament and promoted the infighting thus ensuring they are unelectable next time. They need a clearout - new MP's who can maybe establish a platform based on being normal but that could take 2 or 3 GE's - not that I care
The Manchester United of politics.

F*ck ‘em

It does need a new generation. It also needs their base voters to realise that a voting reform mostly ensures a Labour or Lib Dem win.

But Farage isn't going to stop now so the spectre of reform will hang over them like the ghosts of Christmas all rolled into one.

It does need a new generation. It also needs their base voters to realise that a voting reform mostly ensures a Labour or Lib Dem win.

But Farage isn't going to stop now so the spectre of reform will hang over them like the ghosts of Christmas all rolled into one.

Agree that it could be a long project - particularly as we can see Labour are already fighting the next election.

But the Reform vote is a lot more complex, and at this election was made up of as many people who would vote Lab/Lib Dem/Green as it is those who vote Tory. All the post election polling I've seen, suggests that even if Reform didn't exist, Labour would be sitting on a huge majority.

There are some stronger links running through the 2019 Tory vote to 2024 Reform, but a lot of that appears to be because it was the Get Brexit Done election. Many of those "Tories", will have voted Tory once in their life.

I suspect it's not possible for the Tories to win an election if they target Reform voters.

Agree that it could be a long project - particularly as we can see Labour are already fighting the next election.

But the Reform vote is a lot more complex, and at this election was made up of as many people who would vote Lab/Lib Dem/Green as it is those who vote Tory. All the post election polling I've seen, suggests that even if Reform didn't exist, Labour would be sitting on a huge majority.

There are some stronger links running through the 2019 Tory vote to 2024 Reform, but a lot of that appears to be because it was the Get Brexit Done election. Many of those "Tories", will have voted Tory once in their life.

I suspect it's not possible for the Tories to win an election if they target Reform voters.

Because Reform Ltd are not a Political Party they will never amount to much. In this period between elections they will quiet down - they have no power they cannot "shake things up" as promised and they may struggle with their rag tag band of MP's to keep them all focused on the job. They will pipe up in the run up to elections but that will be all. Simple fact is that as a new business they have no roots - other Party's that are decades old have grass roots, an army of people who campaign relentlessly for them. Although those people are volunteers that organisation costs money and I can't see Farage and Tice spending money on proles to carry the word for them I just can't

Yep, Starmer got way fewer votes than Corbyn. There are definitely left wing Reform voters too, particularly working class people. Let's be honest, working class people have traditionally been anti free-movement and pro-protectionism for obvious reasons.

'kinnell they are out of Govt yet persist in this North Korean approach to Politics - they really do need a next gen of MP's who understand how to relate to the electorate and tell it like it is before they get near power

Ah yes, inflation going up was because of world events, but coming down was due to their brilliant management of the economy. As always, take credit for the positives and pass the buck on the negatives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.