The Conservative Party

She’s horrible that one. Every time I’ve seen her interviewed it’s just word salad that bears no resemblance to reality.
Good fucking riddance.

Agree that it could be a long project - particularly as we can see Labour are already fighting the next election.

But the Reform vote is a lot more complex, and at this election was made up of as many people who would vote Lab/Lib Dem/Green as it is those who vote Tory. All the post election polling I've seen, suggests that even if Reform didn't exist, Labour would be sitting on a huge majority.

There are some stronger links running through the 2019 Tory vote to 2024 Reform, but a lot of that appears to be because it was the Get Brexit Done election. Many of those "Tories", will have voted Tory once in their life.

I suspect it's not possible for the Tories to win an election if they target Reform voters.
Agree. You could frame up the last two elections as the get brexit done election and then the get tories out election.

Both causing lots of people to vote with a single issue in mind.

It's hard to see where we go from here but I don't think the tories will regain credibility. A lot will depend on how Labour get on.

I lived on the Hampshire Dorset border - surrounded by chalk streams. You could go for a walk along the banks see anglers and see actual trout in the clear clear waters. The fact that those Tory bastards filled our waters with shite by water companies that just gamed the system breaks my heart - green and pleasant land

Ah yes, inflation going up was because of world events, but coming down was due to their brilliant management of the economy. As always, take credit for the positives and pass the buck on the negatives.
I don't believe that the Tories did much to bring inflation down but the first part is probably correct.

You only have to do a google search to see that inflation was high everywhere in 2022. This wasn't because of any government, it was driven by the war in Ukraine.

I don't believe that the Tories did much to bring inflation down but the first part is probably correct.

You only have to do a google search to see that inflation was high everywhere in 2022. This wasn't because of any government, it was driven by the war in Ukraine.

The problem for the Tories, is that even 16 years after the Global Financial Crisis, they were still blaming Labour.

It worked for a couple of elections, but they knew they were going to lose last month, and yet were still pushing the "Labour destroyed the economy" line. A party that was a bit less desperate, might have eased up on that rhetoric at the last election.

I lived on the Hampshire Dorset border - surrounded by chalk streams. You could go for a walk along the banks see anglers and see actual trout in the clear clear waters. The fact that those Tory bastards filled our waters with shite by water companies that just gamed the system breaks my heart - green and pleasant land
Ringwood?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.