The Conservative Party

This Govt is failing on all counts from my perspective.

As for many of the MP's of the major parties they appear more concerned about power and their own careers than about the Country and their constituents.
This.

My own MP boycotted a constituency meeting "For being a foregone conclusion". If he'd turned up he may well have changed the vote with his argument. Complete distain for the people he's elected to represent.

The whole.point of that meme is to see if they could convince people that an innocuous hand gesture was a white power symbol, and a ton of people bought it.

They're currently working on the "thumbs up" as a white power symbol and telling people to microwave their phones to get rid of the Presidential Warning System Chip.

I do admire them somewhat.

Whatever the background to, the problem remains that it was actual white supremacists and alt-righters flooding twitter with the gesture and so the irony has kind of been lost.

I wouldn't wait on a reply, he's....

The-sacrifice-of-lawrence-oates.jpg

just going outside and may be some time.

May be some time before you see Corbyn as pm.

Could you let me have the number of your supplier? I want whatever quality pharmaceuticals you're on.

I would like the name of the supplier of anyone who votes Jeremy Corbyn and his extremist friends as suitable for running this country.

I would like the name of the supplier of anyone who votes Jeremy Corbyn and his extremist friends as suitable for running this country.
Let it go. The current government cosies up to the Saudi regime. In the past we supported Pinochet in Chile as well as the apartheid regime in SA. Forgetting for a moment countries with questionable human rights we have backed, we also have been involved in wars based on false premises.
So my point is it is pretty rare to find a politician who has no dubious acquaintances.

Let it go. The current government cosies up to the Saudi regime. In the past we supported Pinochet in Chile as well as the apartheid regime in SA. Forgetting for a moment countries with questionable human rights we have backed, we also have been involved in wars based on false premises.
So my point is it is pretty rare to find a politician who has no dubious acquaintances.
Well that's ok then.

Vote Corbyn!

Whatever the background to, the problem remains that it was actual white supremacists and alt-righters flooding twitter with the gesture and so the irony has kind of been lost.

It wasn't though, it was people pretending to be in order to spread the meme

This.

My own MP boycotted a constituency meeting "For being a foregone conclusion". If he'd turned up he may well have changed the vote with his argument. Complete distain for the people he's elected to represent.

You go back say 50 years and constituency MP's spoke at a number of meetings every year - they had to in order to make contact with the voter. That changed when it moved to activists posting propaganda leaflets then columns in now forgotten local news papers. Then came the internet, FB and so on and that meant they could "interact" with the people and get the message across ( cheaper than leaflets too ) - sadly what that means is only people who want to view the message get it - so the preach to the converted only - whereas leaflets went to every home - and they don't need to even do the blog or post they can delegate that to some local party volunteer who will then be got at by the Parliamentary Party so that all the posts toe the party line. Thats why there are so few characters in politics now.

Government's duties are;
  • to keep the country safe,
  • the people well and
  • the economy working for everyone

It's rubbish that, you know?

Not having a pop at you personally, just the cliches that we're always taught.

Those terms are so broad that you can easily apply them to literally any Government ever. The Nazis fit those definitions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.