The Curious Case of Dele Alli | Emotional Overlap interview (p 19)

I would put Ozil on this list. He had a high trajectory set for him, and he ended up in the Turkish league.

A non-EPL example might be Mario Gotze. He was a young guy in a amazing form and won the world cup for Germany in 2014. Then he developed some sort of strange myopathy and never was the same.

Never really thought much of Alli, he could only play one position as a support striker which perfectly suited the system spurs were playing at the time. Playing for spurs will always get a player in with a shout of PFA awards as it's a popularity contest and they are a media favourite.
He's definitely pissed away his career as a footballer, but he's not in the same stratosphere as most of the players mentioned in this thread for me.

Ross Barklay looked like he was going to be a real talent, but never really progressed.
Scored a worldie against us, nut never really learned to pick the pass that his ability on the ball suggested he should.

Peter Coyne at the scum.
Good shout. Although I only saw him at the end of his career at Colne and Radcliffe, he was head and shoulders above everyone else at that level. I don’t know how true it is, but he was a very slight guy who certainly didn’t tackle much and I was told that he didn’t make it at the rags because he wouldn’t get stuck in to the physical side of the game.

I always thought he was born to be a rag. A snidey coward who acts the big man when surrounded by his teammates, yet as timid as a field mouse when on his own.
Speaking of rags, I remember Alli giving it the big one against Young when they played Spurs and he tried to give Lukaku grief, and Lukaku, who is twice his size, just shoved him away and told him to fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.